need HELP wiring 88 GP POWER SEATS (pics of wires)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Okay the goal is to simply get the seats working connected to a battery. I've taken pics of the wires I have, if they suck I can take better pics.

I can get the driver's seat to go UP/DOWN/TILT (these wires) but nothing from the others yet..

POWERWIRES.jpg

Here are the seat controls from the center console. They wired up inside the console somewhere. :|

SEATCONTROLS.jpg

Here is the wires that connect from the center console area to each of the seats.

WIRES2.jpg

I'm assuming that the blue male and female connectors from the 2 sets of wires connect to each other. I also am assuming that goes the same for the white connectors.

I think the problem lies here:

Now, the grey connectors have 4 wires in them- orange, black, grey, and white(or tan). There is also a grey connector on the center console (for the cig lighter?). I think I need to put power to these somehow?

Any help?

i'm surprised GutlessSupreme or Discostudd haven't replied

they always have wiring answers :lol:

:shock: I'm more stumped than he is :lol: !!!

If it were me, I'd hit up the library and look up the wiring diagrams for both cars :wink: ...

I just want to get 12v on it, whether it be straight from a battery or routed somewhere on my 95.

Where is Digitaloutsider, he's done this right? what about Gearhead??

i'm surprised GutlessSupreme or Discostudd haven't replied

they always have wiring answers :lol:

:lol: these ain't my bag, baby. I only just got a W with power seats two days ago, and there's nothing wrong with them (mechanically anyway :? ) so there's been no need to tear them apart.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll try and see what I can find out about wiring.. might not be perfectly correct cause it'll be from the CS manual but should be close enough. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day though.

I thought i might be able to help until I saw your wire setup. I put 88 regal power buckets in my 52 chevy, but mine had the controls on the sides of the seats.

do you still have the car the seats and harness came from? maybe you can trace the harness in it to its starting points.

I looked at a couple of wiring diag. I had for other gm cars.

orange/black 12v power lead in

black or black/white ground

these two should be thicker than the other wires.

my guess is that your input leads are the ones you have labled "4 pin male and female connectors"

The best way to do this is to unwrap all the bundles and trace them from the seats to the switch. you'll know at least which ones are switch outputs.

You might have to connect a power soucre and test light and trace them one by one. Good luck

digital did you have your DIC wire up with the seats? I don't think I needed that wiring so I left it in the car (which is gone now). How did you wire up the power controls (the third picture)?

For those who care.. I figured it out (was pretty simple). Just had to cross the grey wire with the orange wire on the grey connector of the third pic. Now I got COMFORTABLE seats in my car! 8)

For those who care.. I figured it out (was pretty simple). Just had to cross the grey wire with the orange wire on the grey connector of the third pic. Now I got COMFORTABLE seats in my car! 8)

any pics of them installed ....and where did the other pics of the wiring in the thread go?

Sorry I thought this thread was dead...

I've sinced deleted the pics from my photobucket to clean up room....

Nothing spectacular to see.. and I'm not taking pics of the bare seats cause the driver's seat is very worn out :shock: they both just have seatcovers. The seat control is kinda interesting though... lol .. its just hanging around by the wires and sits in the one storage compartment for now.