Catalytic Converter

LuminaRacer05

Would Catco be the best Catalytic converter to get for my 2.5" pipes and flowmaster muffler??? Are Catco good in quality or are they just cheap, and do they quiet ur car down the way a stock catayltic converter would? I need to know soon cuz i need to buy one today.

well...some states require a cat...for instance in Northeast Ohio there are a few counties that do a Emissions test...if there's no cat..you fail automatically...you can't get tags without passing the e-check...and back on topic...i put a catco converter on my '86 cutlass because it failed the e-check and the old converter was bad...i didnt notice any power gains or any difference in sound...this could be because the rest of the exhaust was completely stock..but, i dunno...just keep that in mind.. :wink:

I HAVE To put a catalytic converter on there or I get a ticket i already got a written warning for it. But I want to know what catalytic converter to get That will quiet down my exhaust and mellow it out so i dont get pulled over anymore???? I dont care if its louder than stock, i just dont want it to be fucking roaring like it is now all raspy as hell and shit. and i need a catalytic converter cuz its the law

but my question is should I just get a Catco universal fit or something else like Alvin or whatever its called

get whatever's cheapest

you won't notice a performance difference between a stock replacement cat and a "high flow" cat

but my question is should I just get a Catco universal fit or something else like Alvin or whatever its called

get whatever's cheapest

you won't notice a performance difference between a stock replacement cat and a "high flow" cat

:withstupid: ...thats why i got that catco @ the time...it was the cheapest one i could find..PLUS they had one that was a direct fit for my '86 cutlass...