Dual batteries?

gmrulz4u

Anyone have two batteries installed, one for the car, one for your stereo? Or do you know anyone that does?

If I get any "yes" answers, then I'll ask the next question:o)

The batteries are completly isolated from each other. I have a battery guage on it so that I can tell when it needs to be re-charged. I usually have to recharge it once a week.

There is not an isolator. i have a diehard marine battery in my trunk where the spare tire used to be, and it is grounded to the chassis, with the positive wire going to the amp. and neons. The neons are on a switch so that I have to turn them on. The amp gets it's main power from teh battery, but it gets the turn on and radio signal from the radio.

OK??? And HOW exactly is your trunk battery getting charged? Are you telling me you have to take it out and charge it???? And that it's not connected to the alternator at all??? Strange...

The best way to do it is to connect the two batteries using a solenoid. this allows the 2nd battery to be charged by the first one, but only when the car is running. High end audio stores should be able to do it for you or at least get the parts. i've never actually hooked one up, so i'm not exactly sure how t o do it, but i can find out if you need me to.

yeah, I am going to be doing that soon.

I have 2 batteries here, so when the one in the trunk gets too low, I take it out and charge it, and put the other one back in.

Hey an easy way to do this is go to your local autozone and for about 35 dollars you can buy the dual battary kit which comes with the isolator deal and all the stuff you need except for the batteries. I was going to buy this for my other car but never got around to it. my friend has one and says it works great. basically the altinator will charge the main battery then the aux one.

Right, an Isolator is ONE way...I can pretty much guarantee you that THAT $35 isolator is WAY too low in amperage rating...

Isolators are rated in the amount of amps that it can handle, I would need around 150-200, which is a lot more than $35...more like $100-150+...