Turn signals blink slowly???

90TGP

The turn signals in my 95 GP SE blink slowly. When I press the lever for my signals, either side, the dash light will blink every other second. The lights on the outside do the same. How do I fix this?

My Lumina started doing this, then the same night the alternator died and my car died as well. Might want to check the voltage from your alternator to see if it is working propery, as a lower voltage may mess up the timing of the signal??

- Jeff L.

when it's cold out mine will blink slowly then speed up as the car warms up

:shrug:

lower voltage definetly will screw the signal timing though.. learned that today. stupid friggen alternator.

Replace the flasher. It's located under the dash near where the steering column passes through the firewall.

Personally, I prefer the electronic flashers over the old-fashioned mechanical flashers. The electronic ones cost 11 or 12 bucks, but are well worth it. They are consistent with their flash cycle regardless of voltage or temperature...

when it's cold out mine will blink slowly then speed up as the car warms up

:shrug:

lower voltage definetly will screw the signal timing though.. learned that today. stupid friggen alternator.

Same thing on my '97. In the morning when it's really cold (in Michigan), they flash VERY slowly, especially when my headlights and brake lights are on. Then when I pull away from a stop and make my turn they speed up.

It seems that the alternators on 3100s don't last long. My buddy has a '94 GP and his just quit.

I replaced mine with an electronic flasher too. Only thing wrong with it is it's so quiet.

I bought a 3-wire one because back then, they had clear housings and I could see the 2-wire electronic ones used a simple resistor/capacitor arrangement while the 3-wire ones were microchip controlled. The 3rd wire is simply a ground.

Only thing wrong with it is it's so quiet.
Yeah, they really are quiet on the W-Bodies due to them being mounted so far away from your ear. I can't hear the one I put in my Regal even with the fan and stereo turned off! I could actually hear the electronic flashers I put in my old LeSabre and Cavalier quite well because the flasher was mounted just behind the dash bezel on both cars...