driver's side power window

93CutlassSupreme

sometimes my driver's door window won't power up. i can press the up button a million times and it won't budge. then, 2 minutes later, it will go up fine.

would this be the switch? this is the only window that is fucked up

It sounds like the inside of your window switch is coroded. Take your switch out, take it apart and clean all the contacts with wd 40 and clean the conector before you put it all back together.

sounds like your auto-down function is sticking, or "down" is just sticking in general, which causes the breaker to trip, and after hitting "up" it unsticks and the breaker will reset in a minute or so. Long story short, try hitting "up" for a second, just after the window is all the way down, and see if it will act correct. I'd recommend anyway- replacing the switches.

sounds like your auto-down function is sticking, or "down" is just sticking in general, which causes the breaker to trip, and after hitting "up" it unsticks and the breaker will reset in a minute or so. Long story short, try hitting "up" for a second, just after the window is all the way down, and see if it will act correct. I'd recommend anyway- replacing the switches.

i highly doubt they're still avaiable new. anyone know

New? Maybe. You'd be surprised how much GM keeps around. But I'd say try a used one.

if it becomes a major problem i'll work something out. i've called dealers for a few parts and they've been discontinued so the yard may be my only source