parking lights

Cornerdealy

I'd check to see if that's legal where you live first. I know here they prohibit any color other than amber or clear to be emitted from the front of the vehicle (civilian vehicles of course :wink: ...)

I'd check to see if that's legal where you live first. I know here they prohibit any color other than amber or clear to be emitted from the front of the vehicle (civilian vehicles of course :wink: ...)

Same here

yea, i guess i should. I do believe I have seen people driving around with blue ones...

I live in NY (specifically NYC) if anyone knows.

I'm just desperate to do something with my car that I'm toying with any idea that pops in my head.

that's rice

I wouldn't say so. And here's my reasoning:

- They will be blue, which is pretty much a neutral color and will blend in nicely with my black car (nothing tacky and outlandish that will stand out too much like red or green or something)

- My deifinition of rice is making a car look faster than it really is (see: huge wing, fart cannons, etc.). Blue parking lights do not really give off the message "my car is super fast because these lights are really afterburners and I race my car in reverse"

that's rice

I wouldn't say so. And here's my reasoning:

- They will be blue, which is pretty much a neutral color and will blend in nicely with my black car (nothing tacky and outlandish that will stand out too much like red or green or something)

- My deifinition of rice is making a car look faster than it really is (see: huge wing, fart cannons, etc.). Blue parking lights do not really give off the message "my car is super fast because these lights are really afterburners and I race my car in reverse"

You know whats real rice is those little winshield washer leds :lol:

I wanna change my front parking lights from amber to blue. Does anyone know of any brands I can buy online?

As a NYS inspector.....you will fail for any color marker light other than amber on the front 1/4 of the vehicle. Not to say that all inspectors will enforce it. But by law they should. As for cops they normally dont bother ya. But if your gonna do it, APC makes good blue lights.

I dunno about NY, but in MN, I happen to know that (If not now, then at one time) it was REQUIRED you have at least 2 but no more than 4 amber lights out front, No fewer than 4 whites lights and no more than 6 out front, no more than 2 amber in the reaer, and no more than or less than 2 white out back. Also, not having the 3rd brakelight operating on a vehicle so equipped is frowned upon as well.. Trust me, I know.. LOL

as said, pretty much any non-white/amber color on the front won't make cops or inspectors happy, but ESPECIALLY if you're thinking of blue or red.. they are for emergency service vehicles only, and the only way it'd be legal for you to have was if you were a volunteer firefighter or something.

Also, not having the 3rd brakelight operating on a vehicle so equipped is frowned upon as well.. Trust me, I know.. LOL
Since when is an inoperative CHMSL frowned upon? It's not required safety equipment in MN, just a stupid FMVSS standard that was implemented due to "extensive research" that stated they reduced rear-end collisions (which was total bullshit...) I remember the MN law stating that the lower 2 brake lights must be functional only. If an officer tagged me for an inoperative CHMSL, I'd ask him to show me the statute that says they are required to be functional...

Also, not having the 3rd brakelight operating on a vehicle so equipped is frowned upon as well.. Trust me, I know.. LOL
Since when is an inoperative CHMSL frowned upon? It's not required safety equipment in MN, just a stupid FMVSS standard that was implemented due to "extensive research" that stated they reduced rear-end collisions (which was total bullshit...) I remember the MN law stating that the lower 2 brake lights must be functional only. If an officer tagged me for an inoperative CHMSL, I'd ask him to show me the statute that says they are required to be functional...

Welp, the kind occifers of Woodbury, Maplewood,. St. paul, Minneapolis, and Rosemount all gasve me 5 days to have my 8 dollar a piece brakelights fixed.. LOL

Yea in NY 3rd brake lights must work if the vehicle was equipped with one. Also ANY light that is activated by the headlight switch regardless if it was factory or aftermarket must work. Just like the stupid rear tag lights are now a major inspection check.

I think improperly colored lights are stupid and should be illegal.

I hope everyone that has them gets hassled by cops.

:werd:

yeah...they are illegal here in ohio!...my friend had blue markers in the front of his '78 regal and got pulled over by a sherrif...they said ONLY CLEAR OR AMBER lights are allowed up front...