Cutlass in January 2003 issue of Road & Track

89BuickRegalGS

Has anybody seen the Jan issue of Road & Track with the Cutlass in the back? Who ever did that to that car should be taken out and shot! If anybody is interested in seeing the pic, holla, i have it scanned, just don't have a place to host the image.

Just wanted to let everyone know who hasent seen it yet, I checked one out at Target.

Its a white early CS coupe, with body work. Basicly this work consitsts of wood, brass (looked that color) and steel. This was all on the rear quarter pannel. The caption says something like Backwoods body shop.

Jon

PS - The Cutlass Supreme is also in the newest HOT ROD Mag. In the back they have this mail box thing, and they were talking about piston slap and top engine cleaner. He was saying the 3.1 V6 had this problem too. The editor had one, put 140k miles on it, and in the first 40k it was slapping.

Yo WTF :guns: who would put such thing in a magazine and what was the point of this picture there? This is just a blow below the belt line, and now i am so F#@*!% pissed. Why couldnt they put a Corsica on it or Civic, now i am officially pissed.

:shock: Oh my god, they may as well have put that thing to rest in the scrap yard. Or better yet they could have taken a piece from a junked CS and replaced it... sure it would have cost a few bucks, but these geniuses probably spent more time rigging that wood and metal contraption up. The damage underneath that can’t possibly look worse than the “fix†job.

They’d probably replace a busted windshield with a duct tape and a clear painters tarp.

Yall, calm down. Road and Track didnt do this. That picture has been circulating arround the internet for a while now. If im right, they always have a funny thing in the back. I remember reading Mags at my dads house (HOT ROD Mag mostly), and one of the Mags he had a subscription to ( I cant remember what it was now), had pages full of funny pics at the begining and end (for example, the one where the Poliece Radar Machine has a car crashed into it).

Rather than poking fun at the Cutlass, Im pretty sure that they work poking fun at the work done.

JON

Exactly, I totally agree...this has NOTHING to do with the fact that it's a Cutlass...most people probably wouldn't even KNOW what kind of car that is...just us crazy W-Body fanatics!!:)

Ah, I get it. It's a humorous thing, making fun of hicks and their "backwoods" auto body repairs. Before I saw the pic I couldn't figure out what you were talking about.

So it's come to this... our W-bodies are getting so low in value that trashy folks are driving 'em. What a shame!