Glass Packs

LuminaRacer05

A few days ago I was the one asking about what I should do about my exhaust being so raspy etc, and I was told to put on a Glass pack in place of where my catyltic converter would be. I looked all around on the internet, and all I could seem to find were Cherry Bomb Glass Packs, what would be the best brand to get, and where would I get it? Also I wanted to know if a Glass Pack would calm down my exhaust a lot and make it a little lower/more quiet? Because I got pulled over the other night for loud exhaust and 1 of the reasons my car is so loud cuz the timing chain is makin noise like a bitch, but im getting that fixed in the next few days and the raspiness is what got me pulled over no doubt about it. Would a glass pack have the same effect as a catyltic converter?

Putting a glasspack where your catalytic converter is will only make your exhaust way louder, assuming your cat isn't already gutted out. I'd leave the cat and install a new muffler in the stock location, (right before the rear bumper if your's doesn't have one) that'll probably quiet it up more.

...i have straight 2.5" pipes, and im not getting rid of my flowmaster muffler, i dont really care about how LOUD my car gets persay i just dont want it to be the way it is now.

we need an exhaust sticky. it seems like we have a new exhaust post every day.

to prevent it from being biased towards one company, we could include links to different sound clips and shit

There is one truly good glasspack....Flowtech's "Purple Hornies." Dumb name, great Pack. They have scalloped cutouts inside the pipe that are swirled the length of it. (Like a quality cycle muffler). Not like the cheap thrusher brand with little holes all over the inside. Compare the weight also. the Flowtech weighs a ton compared. But.....you'll want to paint it silver. It come the worst color purple you can imagine. Mine has been on the car for a couple years. Right where the cat was. It took out the raspiness I had from Dynomax super turbo mufflers alone.

There is one truly good glasspack....Flowtech's "Purple Hornies." Dumb name, great Pack. They have scalloped cutouts inside the pipe that are swirled the length of it. (Like a quality cycle muffler). Not like the cheap thrusher brand with little holes all over the inside. Compare the weight also. the Flowtech weighs a ton compared. But.....you'll want to paint it silver. It come the worst color purple you can imagine. Mine has been on the car for a couple years. Right where the cat was. It took out the raspiness I had from Dynomax super turbo mufflers alone.

do you have any sound clips?