How do I ID which heater hose is it??

ixlar8

I am about to clean and flush coolant in my Cutty 3.1L. I am going to use the Prestone flush system which uses a TEE connector in the heater hose. The instructions say to use the TEE in the inlet heater hose. With all the piping under here, does anyone know which is which? There is a hose which is accessible that comes out of the top on the engine on the front pass side -then down to a metal fitting to the heater. Is this the inlet hose?? adTHANXvance

I am about to clean and flush coolant in my Cutty 3.1L. I am going to use the Prestone flush system which uses a TEE connector in the heater hose. The instructions say to use the TEE in the inlet heater hose. With all the piping under here, does anyone know which is which? There is a hose which is accessible that comes out of the top on the engine on the front pass side -then down to a metal fitting to the heater. Is this the inlet hose?? adTHANXvance

I have used the exact same kit with good results. I also used a 10 minute flush first before the actual flushing. The easiest for me was to buy a new "hose to block" heater core hose and just splice the "T" fitting in, then put the new hose on the car and tighten down all clamps. When you do the flush, do not turn the water hose on full. Turn it on just enough to get the water flowing out of the radiator diverter hose. Also take out the thermostat to ensure that all the old coolant is getting flushed out.