Tinting Rear Lights

BimmerJr87

I know that this has been posted a few times, but I want to tint my rear lights . But I cannot figure out how to remove them to spray them with the VHT NightShades. If someone could tell me how to remove the lights that would be great. Also my rear lights have the chrome Oldsmobile symbol, and i want to know if anyone has tinted them, and if the chrome has shown through.

521621_56_full.jpg

Well, in the trunk, there are some large plastic nut things that you can unscrew with your fingers.. You will need to pull back the trunk carpet that comes up to the back edge of the trunk.. Then, they should just slide out.. Then pull the bulbs off, and the lights are free to do with as you please.. As for the Chrome logo, just mask it off carefully and fully to you dont even need to paint over it.. Good luck, and remember to post pictures! :) 8)

EDIT: I checked out your Cardomain.. SWEET ass ride man! :thumbsup:

dude...thats freakin SWEET!!!...is there a right up or another thread on here somewhere with information on how to do that!?...i've alwayz wanted to do that to mine...ALSO, do the lights still light up bright enough to be seen good?...i don't wanna tint the tailights and make them too dim...

dude...thats freakin SWEET!!!...is there a right up or another thread on here somewhere with information on how to do that!?...i've alwayz wanted to do that to mine...ALSO, do the lights still light up bright enough to be seen good?...i don't wanna tint the tailights and make them too dim...

no write up, but is is easy as sin to do.....wanna see pics of my headlight covers too??

270861_102_full.jpg

270861_103_full.jpg

270861_104_full.jpg

Does that VHT stuff work on tinting windows? I had heard some type of spray on tint for doing that.

:roll: some times you make me wonder man

but yea the tails would look nice as hell tinted and like they said just pull down the carpet undo the light take it out mask off what you dont want sprayed and BLAMO tinted tails may need a little wet sanding tho

so, you paint the OUTSIDE of the tailights?...wouldn't that look kinda shitty!?... :? ...and WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU USE?...where do you get it!?...and how do they look @ night?...anyone got any good CLOSE UP pix of their tinted tails?...or a night pic with the lights on!?...i'm kinda curious to see what they look like cLoSE UP & @ niGHT :wink:

no write up, but is is easy as sin to do.....wanna see pics of my headlight covers too??

270861_102_full.jpg

270861_103_full.jpg

270861_104_full.jpg

Did you just spray your headlights too? I think that will be a good summer project for me to spray my tails. Also does anyone know if they make or if someone could make headlight covers for me because in MN its illegal to drive at night with those on.

for the tail lights, use Nightshades....buy it at http://www.summitracing.com ....you spray the outsides, it looks great and the light shines through great......

for the headlights, I used plexiglass and tinted it with actual window tint...they were held on my brackets/velco so I could take them off at night.....

Does that VHT stuff work on tinting windows? I had heard some type of spray on tint for doing that.

The niteshades doesn't work well on glass but VHT does make a spray on glass tint that works very well. Depending on coats it gets pretty dark and looks just like regular window tint. Minus all the bubbles and lines. I know this cuz we used this tint spray on a cpl garage windows at my work.

I love the look of your Lumina, Darksyde. I wanted to buy my friends Z34, put some black rims on it, tint the taillights and headlights, tint the windows, and put a green underbody kit on it. I'm not much of a fan of underbody kits, but it would look sweet if you think about it.

The niteshades doesn't work well on glass but VHT does make a spray on glass tint that works very well. Depending on coats it gets pretty dark and looks just like regular window tint. Minus all the bubbles and lines. I know this cuz we used this tint spray on a cpl garage windows at my work.

Thats what I was thinking of. does it tend to run when spraying it or does stay pretty well where it should? I've used spray paint alot and am pretty good with it so I had thought about using that stuff once or twice.

I love the look of your Lumina, Darksyde. I wanted to buy my friends Z34, put some black rims on it, tint the taillights and headlights, tint the windows, and put a green underbody kit on it. I'm not much of a fan of underbody kits, but it would look sweet if you think about it.

Thanx alot man, I have a red LED underbody kit, but i'm waiting until after winter to put it on

does it tend to run when spraying

Only if you spray to quick. Use thin coats and you should have no problem. Besides if your educated at rattle can use you know that already.

yeah ive wanted to do nightshade for a while, it would make an awesome winter project. buy some other tails, and try it out.

jeremy, did your car have the headlight covers at the Western MI meet???