JBP Order

god910

Well, I called JBodyperformance today to check on the status of my starter, and they still don't have it yet. They are "having it built" I asked when I'd have it, and he said in about a week. I said, "YOU will have it in a week, OR I, will have it in a week." He said, "Oh, we will. It'll be about another 2-3 weeks after that until you get it." FUCK ME. I bought this fucking thing on the 4th of October, and here it's getting ready to hit November, and I'm still looking at another 3 weeks until I have it. Thank Christ I don't want to actually DRIVE this car this year. I was hoping to get some log'd .25's in before the track closes, that's gonna be impossible now. I wanted to get some mods done this winter, but wanted a baseline (track AND dyno) before the work started. I guess I'll have to leave it upto the dyno to prove what's what. It'll still suck driving the car all the way across the state to a dyno when a track would suffice. Anyway, as of now, I say don't buy from JBP, they won't even give a REASON why this is taking so long, or any appologies of any sort. Just, "okay, thanks" Or at least don't buy a starter from them, unless you are like Davis, and just drive your ass over and pick it up.

why didyou buy a starter from an online store?? why not get off yoru lazy ass and get one from orileys or autozone

I was wondering the same thing when I read that.

When I need a starter, I usually need it ASAP!

why didyou buy a starter from an online store?? why not get off yoru lazy ass and get one from orileys or autozone

Okay you silly ass, here ya go.

A) Advanced Auto, $220 PLUS core, taxes, AND 1 week wait. That's $260 and I still wait a week. Mind you, that is a starter made in a damn sweatshop, by some 8 year old mexican kid. Who isn't getting paid but lunch, and maybe $4 a day.

B) I was told by JBP it would be here in about a week. Then when I called them (they said they needed to know the application, even thought it's NOT part of there checkout procedure to inform them, AND on the site it litst for ONLY the 3.1, 3.4, and 3x00) they said it would take 2-3 weeks to get here after they get it, and "they don't carry starters in stock" To me meant, someone ships it to them, they ship it to me, 3 weeks tops.

C) I wasn't in a rush, but I didn't think that getting it THIS YEAR was out of the question either.

D) As previously mentioned, it's only $199 shipped, so, I'm saving money.

E) It's a better unit, and I'm hoping that the gear reduction will help w/ the voltage drop in the harness.

Why don't we just lock this motherfucker down since nothing positive is coming from it. :roll:

This was what, my 3rd post in 3 weeks, yeah, I'll be doing this again real soon.

no needs of getting overheated, we just didn't have all the facts.

I'd be a little pissed if someone told me i'd get something at certain date and I hadn't seen it yet. I know where you are comming from.

Actually, you can get that starter off ebay sometimes for much less. Your idea that JBP does something special to them is funny. Maybe they rebuild used starters but they are all gear reduction in that size for our motors.