I want to video tape my lumina...

LuminaRacer05

What would I need for this...like i would need a camcorder but how do i transfer it to my computer???

You'd either need a digital camcorder with a 1394 Firewire port on your computer (you can buy an expansion card for that too) or you can use a regular old VHS-C camcorder and get a video capture card. The latter option is more involved, though, because you gotta worry about capturing audio and syncing it all up, and it's just a mess.

Hmmm... I have a DV port on my ATI Radeon 7000.. And an SVideo input.. Can I get a camcorder that uses one of those for transferring as well? Just a thought..

Most definitely. If you have a camera, you can also buy a box that will convert your analogue signal to digital. There's one called a Dazzle... but it sucked when I used it last.. maybe the new ones are better.

Back when my Mac still worked, I had Sony MiniDV camcorder running to the G4 using FireWire, and I did all my editing in Final Cut Pro 3. God, that was beautiful..

OMG Fix it Shaun! Or else I will come steal it and fix it myself! :lol:

I knew that was coming. And no, it's not for the motherboard, you dolt. It's for the processor daughterboard, which has the 2 G4 processors on it. It's a fine deal if you have the money.

Oh yeah, and find me one PC program in it's class that can outdo Final Cut Pro HD. Oh wait.. that's right.. they don't make one.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm... I have a DV port on my ATI Radeon 7000.. And an SVideo input.. Can I get a camcorder that uses one of those for transferring as well? Just a thought..

if it's just a regular Radeon 7000, then those are not inputs, the DV port is for LCD screens, and your svideo port is for TV out

IIRC, the Radeon 7000 is the same as a Radeon VE, which has TV out via the svideo port, with an included adapter to go from svideo to rca

if, however, it's an all-in-wonder (I don't know if they made one for the 7000s) then you'll have a little dongle that plugs into the card and has your svideo/rca video in, and audio in....

What would I need for this...like i would need a camcorder but how do i transfer it to my computer???

You'd either need a digital camcorder with a 1394 Firewire port on your computer (you can buy an expansion card for that too) or you can use a regular old VHS-C camcorder and get a video capture card. The latter option is more involved, though, because you gotta worry about capturing audio and syncing it all up, and it's just a mess.

he could also get a USB digicam, if his computer has USB2.0 it's faster than firewire ;)

stevezasycho wrote:

if it's just a regular Radeon 7000, then those are not inputs, the DV port is for LCD screens, and your svideo port is for TV out

IIRC, the Radeon 7000 is the same as a Radeon VE, which has TV out via the svideo port, with an included adapter to go from svideo to rca

if, however, it's an all-in-wonder (I don't know if they made one for the 7000s) then you'll have a little dongle that plugs into the card and has your svideo/rca video in, and audio in....

I have the radion VE 64 and they are video out only or dual display.

if you have old vhs video recorder all you need is a VCC or video capture card. i dont know what they are worth now but 3years ago they were 150bux and they work for cabel tv, dvd, s-vido, radio just about every mediem that can be displayed on a tv or radio also some digital cameras have options with video and sound for around 200bux you can pickup a nice one.