Tune-up?

Speckkial

Would it initiate the "service engine soon" light? I guess what I'm saying is, this light is lit on my car and I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with it. Hell, I just bought the car Monday.

take it to an autozone so they can pull the code for you...

I'll run to autozone. Thanks.

The check engine light is probably on bevause you said you had a bad O2 sensor. The SES lite doesnt come on to show a tune up, means a sensor has gone bad ..

The check engine light is probably on bevause you said you had a bad O2 sensor. The SES lite doesnt come on to show a tune up, means a sensor has gone bad ..

not TOTALLY TRUE!...the SES light will come on if there is a misfire detected...a bad plug or wire could cause a misfire and set the light oFF!

It can mean a lot

not TOTALLY TRUE!...the SES light will come on if there is a misfire detected...a bad plug or wire could cause a misfire and set the light oFF!

not always. i've had quite a few very noticable misfires over the time i've owned this beast and i've never had a SES light.

not always. i've had quite a few very noticable misfires over the time i've owned this beast and i've never had a SES light.

OBDII cars it does

OBDII cars it does

yeah...i guess i shoulda mentioned that...but i figured if people actually READ what kind of car he had...being that its a '96 they would know that its OBDII.. :wink:...and YES OBDII DOES do that!

OBDII cars it does

yeah...i guess i shoulda mentioned that...but i figured if people actually READ what kind of car he had...being that its a '96 they would know that its OBDII.. :wink:...and YES OBDII DOES do that!

his first post doesn't say what car he has