W-Body exhaust......

LuminaRacer05

Does anyone have around a '90ish Lumina, cutlass etc 3.1 with custom exhaust such as flowmaster or magnaflow or something along those lines taht sounds good? or does anyone have one with a glasspak...and if so would there be any way u could get me an audio file of it???

I dont have any files, but I must say, my stock muffler with custom rust holes sounds GOOOD... COULD be mistaken for a V8 at idle.. Everyone can hear me comin a mile away.. I plan to make headers, down to glasspacks to Flowmaster 40s after I finish up my turbo 3100.. hehe..

i had a 12" pack and 3" chrome tip on my 3.1 lumina. It had a real good tone to it and I'd recomend the setup to anyone that likes a good rumble. Its sound is comparible to a small block running the same setup. This setup sounds unbelievably good on a 3.8 as well.

http://home.comcast.net/~jmlumpkin/93CutlassSupremeFlowmaster40Exhaust.wmv

this is a video/audio link to my exhaust. stock cat, dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. i revved up the car in neutral a couple times, and then pulled away at 2500 rpm, normal acceleration for me.

some people here claim flowmasters sound raspy or rice, there's no fucking way my car sounds raspy or rice

hey man i love the way ur exhaust sounds, it sounds as tho mine has that sound hidden within lol. I got the flowmaster on mine too but not dual exhaust, BUT I do believe that once i get a glasspak on mine it will sound good, or atleast i hope :)

some people here claim flowmasters sound raspy or rice, there's no fucking way my car sounds raspy or rice

Yeah, yours sounds awesome. It sounds exactly like mine except mine is about 50% louder since I have no cat. It's amazing how much a catalytic converter quiets the exhaust system.

Yeah, yours sounds awesome. It sounds exactly like mine except mine is about 50% louder since I have no cat. It's amazing how much a catalytic converter quiets the exhaust system.

it is. i had my cat off for a week, and i put it back on because my tips were turning jet black after no time. it sounded nicer though, the mufflers would rattle though until they warmed up.

I have magnaflows on my STE and it sounds really good as well IMO. I heard a clip of another 3.1 with magnaflows and I fell in love. I would definately go with either flowmaster or magnaflows. I don't personally have a sound file, but I may be able to find the one that I heard.

Shawn

hey 93 cutlass supreme, where is ur spare tire, is it under the trunk like in '91 luminas cuz i tried to put on some cat-back flowmaster that had the muffler that split off into dual exhaust...so it looked like dual exhaust but it wasnt really, but my spare tire was in the way? what set-up do u have exactly?

No way dude. Those flowmasters sound nice as hell. Rice would be a high pitch fart can noise :lol: How much did you get the setup for?

my spare tire is under my trunk, and i left it there. i split the exhaust right after the monoleaf and ran it into two mufflers.

527087_17_full.jpg

notice the rust. michigan winters tear up cars

i paid just over $200 for the exhaust, and $40 in stainless tips.

man thats some bullshit cuz i asked the people at Red's Muffler if they could put on exhaust that split into two pipes just like urs and they said they couldnt cuz the spare tire was in the way...fuckin idiots now im pissed

man thats some bullshit cuz i asked the people at Red's Muffler if they could put on exhaust that split into two pipes just like urs and they said they couldnt cuz the spare tire was in the way...fuckin idiots now im pissed

I'd print out that picture and take it to your exhaust guys..... sounds like they didn't know how to do it.....lol

im thinking about it for real dude, but its a fucking 20 minute drive and my timing chains fucked up, those fuckin jerkoffs man...u bet ur ass im going there when my timing chains fixed this thursday MUAHAHA lol(and on my Glass Pack post u said that my local muffler shop should carry them, but they are fuckin no-named retards so i doubt it)

Do you know what sounds real good no muffler at all!!! Oh man about 2 weeks ago one of my mufflers fell cuz of rust and damn that thing sounded like a V8 muscle car! I wish I could have no muffler but I think I would go over the sound regualtion.

i ran with dual straight pipes, with my cat for a while and loved the sound. problem was, nobody else on my block wanted to hear my car at 7 in the morning or 11:30 at night

My cousin also took the whole exhast off for a while on his Toyota truck and it sounded like a V8 :lol: Kevin would you say the 250 is worth it having the exhast. Or would you have rather saved the money?

i'd say it's worth it.

duals make almost any car look nicer, and i like the sound. in the summer my windows are almost always down to hear it better

Im considering doing it.

I just ordered a pair of 40's on ebay. :willynilly:

I really cant afford it but who cares!

Now to find some decent tips...

I guess I'll wait until winter is over to put them on...so that will give me some time to find some decent tips.