They Called me Crazy (Am I?!) **GM Techs needed**

96buickregalgransport

If all first gen w-bodies use the same unibody frame/chasis (whatever the bumber attatches to) than if i found a junker

(1st gen)pontiac grand prix and removed the fascia from it and attatched it to my 96 buick regal gransport would i be able (with modifications to the grill area of the front bumber ground effect) attatch to my car??

Help me out.

Sure it would work. It would require modification, as you know. Very few have done any kind of swap like that, but its quite possible. As far as WHAT would be involved, I can't help there.

I am going to visit a salvage yard and check some things out tommarow.

One thing i am curious about is the dimensions from fender to fender. And what are the differences/similarities i them are.

I considered designing my own body kit using urethane foam and fiber glass but i can find anything online to help me out with something like that.

I am going to visit a salvage yard and check some things out tommarow.

One thing i am curious about is the dimensions from fender to fender. And what are the differences/similarities i them are.

I considered designing my own body kit using urethane foam and fiber glass but i can find anything online to help me out with something like that.

I don't have either car sitting in front of me, so I can't say for sure, but fenders, headlights and whatnot will need to be modified. Nobody really makes any kind of body kit for these cars. If you're good with fiberglassing/bodywork, you could pull it off.

For what it would cost to modify a Regal with Grand Prix parts, why don't you just buy a Grand Prix instead? I could see maybe transforming a Cutty Convert into a GP using GP body panels, but why put a GP front clip on a Regal? I guess I just don't get it...

Do you have any pics of your 96 Grand Sport?

I am just trying to work with what i have.

I have been trying to figure out what i can do to transform the grandpa putter style of the 96's to something that looks ...i dont ...i guess showy. I dont wanna rice it out, i wanna keep it classy. But i just dont know.

I think a cutty would prolly be easyer to swap grand prix parts onto (minus the tail light area) according to a hypothetical conversation I had with brian :wink:

But yea...

I have been trying to figure out what i can do to transform the grandpa putter style of the 96's to something that looks ...i dont ...i guess showy. I dont wanna rice it out, i wanna keep it classy. But i just dont know.

I LOOOOVE classy styling...and a regal is better for classy than a prix...prix's and luminas are better for a sporty look...

Seriously, if it was mine...I would just drop the regal, put nice big chrome 18s on it (Nothing too tacky...something that could ALMOST look stock, if it wasnt for the fact they are 18's), and paint that sucker.

Preferably change the base color to a lexus esque black and the have the trim color (door handles and grills and whatnot) changed to chrome...although that might look odd on an early 90s regal...maybe just all black...tint the windows, get a nice sound system...

Over time collect the parts for a full leather interior, and pick up all of the options the car came with that you dont have...

whalla...A Buick that would make a Caddy driver do a double take :D

Prolly will cost the same as swapping the prix parts and fixing them up so they look good

oh, i love my regal. Its not a bad car in itself. But it needs something.

One thing i dislike about the 96 regal is that its got a general wide look througout the entire body up until the front end, than it kinda snouts in. The back bumber i could honest keep stock and be happy with it but the front doesnt look right.

If modified the front bumper so it widens out someit would flow better(looks wise not aero dynamics, not a whole lot can be done to make some ton luxary car more aero dynamic aside from some serious frame/bumper/chasis(etc) trimming and replacment with carbon fiber)

If i cant find/make a new front bumper than i would like to make a grrill that goes over the front air dam that replicates the grill pattern of my grill.

Iwould like to lowered it.

I already tinted the windows at 15% for 190$, looks clean

I am happy with the stock rims it has. they look descent/ There alloys and they looks pretty fly. I would like to find blank or designed crhome center caps for them.

I debadged it but the badges left a crease in the paint, so a new paint job is needed. Going to keep it burgundy/ Its a fly color and it will cost me less when i go and get it painted cause i wont have to do engine bay. door trim, etc.

I would like to get it recarpeted but it cant find any place local/online that sells molded carpet for a 96 regal. And attempting to mold the carpet myself is a little beyond my experience (If anyone can offer assistance/advice on this it would be greatly appreciated)

I painted the center console and the dash panel a gloss black than clear coated it and left the orange peel look of non-wet sanded clear coat. It hides minor imperfections.

And i alread have leath seats but they are in rough shape, they have some serious crackes in the surface (not rips, just leather wear)

What i would like to do is do a beige and black reuphoster(spelling**)

I am considering taking off the stock seat covers and deheming the individual panels and using them as a new template for the fabric(s) that i would like to use.

As far as a system is considered, i am having a hard ime losing the wheel mounted controls for the stock stereo :( but i do need a new head unit.

I am going to mount component speakers on the door panel (directly behind the side veiw mirrors) and make a custome box for the trunk and for the component speakers in the rear window dash(err whatever its called)

Also, a dual exhaust would look tight.

But whether a renovation project of this magnitude would be practical on a car with 114,000 on it, i dont really know. That i would have to ask a professional or mechanic or whatever.

FYI its a 96 Regal GS Stock to the bone right now.

Hopefully that will change soon.

114k is high mileage? Shit, my 95 has almost 180k! If you want to re-do the seats, check out http://www.autoleathers.com . They sell "Katzkin" seat covers for the 95-96 Regal. You can also get seat heaters :wink: . As far as losing your steering wheel controls, check these products out:

Soundgate Remote 1.5v4

Soundgate REMPIOGM

I have the first one installed on my Regal along with a Pioneer DEH-P7600 head unit (I bought my interface before the second product above was available, so I had to mount an IR sensor below the head unit.)

I installed Boston Acousics 6 1/2" separates in my doors in the stock location. I made a plate in the shape of the factory mount and cut the hole out for the bigger 6 1/2" woofers. I mounted the tweeters directly above the woofers (there was no room to mount them in the sail panels.)

Check out some of the mods I did to my Reeg: RIGHT HERE

I have a few more pics that aren't posted at the moment (going into detail with the amp/speaker install.) If you have any questions in these regards, hit me up. There aren't too many Regal owners on the forum, and probably like 3 who own 95-96's (myself, HokemBokem, and MaroonRegal.)

Oh, and another thing: Get some pics posted of that Grand Sport! I would trade my 95 for a Black 96 Grand Sport (with gray interior) any day!!!

Yes I would like to see some pics of your regal also. If you want to see my 1996 Olympic Edition then click the www link at the bottom of my post.

Oh, and another thing: Get some pics posted of that Grand Sport! I would trade my 95 for a Black 96 Grand Sport (with gray interior) any day!!!

at work we have a 95 or 96 GS for sale, its a wee bit smashed up on one side, but its in good shape otherwise (black with gray leather interior)

at work we have a 95 or 96 GS for sale, its a wee bit smashed up on one side, but its in good shape otherwise (black with gray leather interior)
How much are they asking? With having just purchased my GP, I don't have any extra funds (or room for that matter) for another car, but I'm more curious on the asking price than anything...