dohc v6

a long time a go i was telling you guys about a problem from my car. i told you that it was idle was messed up. so i trouble shooted. i got the spark plugs out checked them out and regapped them and the cyclinder 6 went OFF on the scanner so that was good. now i still have a idel problem with the air off and on. when the air is off i get an ok idel but no great and when it is on it is pretty bad. now when i add more things like lights and radio the voltage drops and the vaccum gauge in my car goes down. so i redid the intake bottom and top and i found some nicks on the heads could this do anything and also when i brought it to pontiac the guy said he sprayed carb cleaner and the car stalled. so this ment a vaccum leak. now i did it all over again the intake that is and when i srpay carb cleaner arounf the gasket areas it still gets in the engine but does not stall it. so what do you think i should do.

According to what you said, you notice the problem more when you have on electrical stuff that pulls down the system. Maybe you have a weak battery or alt. I'd look into having them tested.

i think the voltage/electrical is completely different problem from the idle.

Try this:

Get a can of wd40 or started fluid, spray along the injector line (if you have a fuel rail cover remove it [2 bolts]) You want to hit just along the gasket line of the plenum and upper intake, dont overspray a puddle, just a good haze along it, if you hear your idle change you have a gasket leak.

thats my guess, it worked for me my idle is normal

It is a very common problem to have a bad idle on the 3.4L DOHC, moreso on the 5-speeds than the automatics. It is not a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak would cause a high idle, not a low idle and cause the car to stall. Maybe you had a vacuum leak, but it is not causing the stalling.

Though we have not exactly pinpointed the problem, it is believed to be the fuel injectors. I would replace them, and when replacing them order injectors off of a 1996-97 Monte Carlo Z34. Although they are a bit pricey, they will snap right in and plug in electrically, and they will work fine. Plus they are a TRILLION times quieter. Also replace your Idle Air Control valve at the same time, its cheap and will help a whole lot.

My white car stalled almost at every light, its bad. Then i replaced the IAC, and that helped a lot. It still stalls RARELY, but most the time the idle just dips low, then returns to 800. I have 96 injectors, but I am too lazy to put them in becuz you have to remove the UIM.

Hope this helps!

So you do have a vacuum leak, but that will not, and is not, casuing the idle problems on your car.

i did replace some of the injectors

Well try replacing them all maybe....AND REPLACE THEM WITH ONES FROM A 1996-1997 MONTE CARLO Z34, not your car.