90&93 cluster differences

stockgp

The cluster should plug directly in and work. I'm running a '93 cluster in my car. The only different is aesthetic.. the oil pressure gauge doesn't have actual numbers on it, and the tachometer goes up to 8k instead of 7k.

I always though that they were the same....did you turn the car on?

nope i was hopong magically it would work while the car's off. :lol: i kid. yeah the only thing that happens is the temp gauge goes up to 260, and the ses light works

Are you changing from a base cluster or a Digital one? Maybe there are subtle differences.. Or the newer cluster is fucked up.. Never know.. Good luck and keep us aprised of any developments!

Are you changing from a base cluster or a Digital one? Maybe there are subtle differences.. Or the newer cluster is fucked up.. Never know.. Good luck and keep us aprised of any developments!

no this is the cluster that was always in my car.it's from my 90. it's not working with the 93 dash harness i put in

But the 93 one works, correct? Check the pinouts.. Maybe they arent backward compatable? :shrug:

don't have the one from the 93.

Are you sure you didn't fuck up the dash harness somewhere?

Edit: Also, are you sure you're pushing in the connector in all the way?

nope harness is good, yes connector is in all the way.