PLEASE TELL ME EGG YOLK COMES OFF PAINT!!

wally05

I just got my new black cutty back from the shop (needed some work done). Well, I parked it rear end facing the road and I came out the next morning and noticed some F****** AHole egged my car! 2 eggs right on the rear window, yolk streamed down the window, middle of trunk, splattered on trunk rack (ate away black coating on rack btw), and down the trunk onto the rear bumper. I'm so F****** poed right now! The paint on my cutty is almost flawless (or was). Please tell me that it won't mess up my paint!

Korey

Guest TurboSedan

can you soak the area with dried egg before trying to remove it? maybe lay some wet towels over the area and let them sit for awhile then try to blast it off at the car wash?

good luck, that sucks!

Thats some tough luck, sorry to hear

we used to take salami from the 7-11 and lay it on our "enemies" cars and it'd sit baking onto the car in the sun.. That WRECKED paint..

I hope you dont have such bad luck

It will come off, use an alcohol based glass cleaner (NO AMMONIA!!!) and get ready to do some scrubbing. Some bastard got my car earlier this spring, get at it as soon as possible too and you should be fine.

Nope, I didn't get to it in time. My fucking paint is ruined. It's all cracked and such up and down the middle of the trunk. If I find the son of a bitch, I'm whooping the crap of him...

Korey

I saw some of the little kids around my neighbrohood the other day playin around with this baseball and they hit my cars driver door and made the alarm go off. Nothing was dented or chipped but I had a stern talkin too to all of them and im pretty sure they wont be playin ball around my car anymore.

Nope, I didn't get to it in time. My fucking paint is ruined. It's all cracked and such up and down the middle of the trunk. If I find the son of a bitch, I'm whooping the crap of him...

Korey

I feel your pain. One year, night before Halloween, some kids egged my Cutlass as it sat on the street.

It fucked up my paint BIG TIME.

I ended up just touching up all the tiny chips with a pinpoint paintbrush. It still doesn't look perfect though, so I'll have to get that spot repainted someday. :x

I remember fuming so badly, I know if I would have caught them in the act, I would have murdered them and worried about the consequences later. Good thing I didn't see it happen!

Thats gotta suck. All i know is that if i caught some little punk trying to egg my car, i'd probably beat him just a bit, then have his parents pay for the damage done to my car.

I appreciate the support guys, I'm going to the bodyshop on Saturday to get an estimate for a small rust hole to be patched (only bad spot on the car, I'm not letting it spread). I'll just have them look at the cracked paint too. The owner of the shop restores old chevelles and novas. This guy is a perfectionist, so I trust him.

Korey

:lol: Wouldn't do that much to my car. The paint is in sore need of refreshment. I'd just be afraid that some punkass will do that to my new paint job.

see if egg yolk will take that red stripe off :lol:

That sucks about your car man. While we were pushing our cars into auto mech the other day, some auto body kids decided to egg a 92 Buick Skylark we were working on. Well, they didn't realize they would have to wash and fix the paint on it before they could move on :lol: .