Power Windows

EurosportZ34

Anybody good with power windows? I gots myself a problem in my Euro. OK, it's a 4-door, so of course I have the controls for all 4 windows on my door. I can put down my window but I can't put it back up. I can also put down the front passenger's window but I can't put it up with my controls...I have to reach over and put it up with the passenger's control. And both rear windows work fine up and down...WTF is up with this? Is there a short or something, do I need a new power windows switch? Any good advice?

you might be able to take the switch out, pull it apart, and clean the contacts on the inside of it as well. they can corode on the insides over time and cause that sort of problem.

Anybody good with power windows? I gots myself a problem in my Euro. OK, it's a 4-door, so of course I have the controls for all 4 windows on my door. I can put down my window but I can't put it back up. I can also put down the front passenger's window but I can't put it up with my controls...I have to reach over and put it up with the passenger's control. And both rear windows work fine up and down...WTF is up with this? Is there a short or something, do I need a new power windows switch? Any good advice?

The window switches are made with these flexible copper "finger" contacts. These contacts often break, burn up (holding the switch ON when the window is finished moving) and just stop making good contact.

Replacement is usually the only way to fix the problem.

Holy wrong section Batman! Cosider this your warning.

:shrug: i dunno Batman, what's up?

You posted this in the powertrain section.. and power windows have nothing do with the powertrain.

power windows.....power window motor.....repair.....come on!

:roll:

Holy wrong section Batman! Cosider this your warning.

:shrug: i dunno Batman, what's up?

You posted this in the powertrain section.. and power windows have nothing do with the powertrain.

power windows.....power window motor.....repair.....come on!

:roll:

No