lateral acceleration of euro lumina/FE3 BOP

bartonmd

I did a search but didn't find anything with "lateral" in it and WAY too much stuff with "handling" in it.

So how many lateral G's does a stock Lumina euro or an FE3 anything else pull? I'd guess .8 or so, but have no idea truthfully.

Anybody have a magazine from the early 90's with the actual info in it?

Thanks

Mike

NASCAR inspired? Does that mean it will only make left had corners?

NASCAR race cars aren't that impressive.......they are still pushrod motors with a soild axle in the rear. It makes the "sport" (or drivers) a better (closer) race.......but as far as the actual cars go.........not that great.

NASCAR race cars aren't that impressive.......they are still pushrod motors with a soild axle in the rear. It makes the "sport" (or drivers) a better (closer) race.......but as far as the actual cars go.........not that great.

This topic isnt about NASCAR. And, a pushrod turning nearly 10,000 rpms, with over 12:1 compression is pretty impressive

The z34 got nothing "unique".

I have a '88 Motor trend somewhere with all the w-bodies tested (car of the year showdown) let me check on that.

I don't think the Z34 was a part of that. The Lumina didn't come out until '90. I've read that article, I went to my school's auto tech library and Xeroxed the entire thing :lol: It's sweet.

This topic isnt about NASCAR. And, a pushrod turning nearly 10,000 rpms, with over 12:1 compression is pretty impressive

9,500 is about the most that they turn them. But yes, I'm sure they can go to 10k.

I was just quoting what the advertising thingy says. It is the Isn't math fun ad if any of yall are interested.

The z34 got nothing "unique".

I have a '88 Motor trend somewhere with all the w-bodies tested (car of the year showdown) let me check on that.

I don't think the Z34 was a part of that.

I know. Aint life grand? All the '88's also had 15 inch wheels "sporting" some tall tires.

The Lumina didn't come out until '90. I've read that article, I went to my school's auto tech library and Xeroxed the entire thing :lol: It's sweet.

I saw it on the microfilm at my school too, and snatched the actual mag on ebay. I still see one show up on ebay every so often.

Anybody have a magazine from the early 90's with the actual info in it?

I have a Motor Trend long-term report on a flex-fuel '92 Euro. If memory serves me right it was high .7 g's. I'll check and let you know when I get home.

We need to scan these articles and old ads to give to GnatGoSplat for the w-body main page. Then when this type of question comes up, all you have to do is search the archives.

We need to scan these articles and old ads to give to GnatGoSplat for the w-body main page. Then when this type of question comes up, all you have to do is search the archives.

not like haveing something for the mainpage will make a difference, not like the mainpage EVER gets updated :(

what is this "g" number and how is it calculated?

It referrs to the lateral acceleration that a car can produce. For example, if a car produces .88g's on the skidpad, that means it produces 88% of the Earth's gravitational energy in sideways force. It's a description of how much sideways grip a car has.