headlight wiring

stockgp

would a lumina headlight harness work with a 93 gp dash harness? and on top of that, would a lumina harness work with a 90 gp lighting system? the lumina harness is the kind WITHOUT the fuel pump relay by the battery.

Not even sure what you mean. Do you mean the entire engine bay harness working with the entire interior harness? What year Lumina?

Not sure what you're attempting to do but you would be much better off with the proper harness's especially the interior harness. Lumina's didn't get half the wiring (read: options) the GP got so you would be missing a lot of wires.

ok quickly, blew my 90 gp motor. put in a 93 gp motor and trans. always had a short somewhere in my dash harness, so i used the 93 gp harness. the 93 dash harness will not work the headlights in my 90. i haven't been able to find a 93 gp with the headlight harness i need. all i could find was a lumina harness that LOOKED like the one i need. except that it has a bundle of wires running under the driver's side fender that my gp doesn't have. what the hell do those wires go to?

The lumina's wiring will be different than the '90's wiring so that won't help. There were a lot of changes after '90 so it's not just PnP. You'd be better off to use all '90 wiring or all '93 wiring but you'd have to change everything to one or the other.

The lumina's wiring will be different than the '90's wiring so that won't help. There were a lot of changes after '90 so it's not just PnP. You'd be better off to use all '90 wiring or all '93 wiring but you'd have to change everything to one or the other.
\

yo misunderstand. i am trying to switch everything. i switched my dash harness from a 90 to a 93. now i'm trying to find a headlight harness to go with it. i'm asking if the lumina harness will work with the 93 gp dash harness

It should be compatible with the '93 interior harness but I have no idea if it will work, most likely you'll be modifying. If I were you I'd get some diagrams and trace it all out first.

It should be compatible with the '93 interior harness but I have no idea if it will work, most likely you'll be modifying. If I were you I'd get some diagrams and trace it all out first.

well i was hoping someone familiar with thestyle headlight harness i'm talking about could help me out some. my main concern is with the bundle of wires on the lumina harness that ran through the fender by the horn toward the back of the car. none of the grand prixs i looked at had that bundle of wires