Speckkial

I'm not sure if any of you guys remember, but last time I was here, I had just got into an accident and my 93' CS was totaled out the insurance company. So they sent me a check and today I went and bought a 96' CS SL with 48,000 miles. So far, the car drives real quiet and very smooth. I'm loving it already. The only problem I'm having is the radio light and the lights behind the gauges (instrument panel) don't come on when the exterior lights are on. I just discovered this as I was leaving the dealership and the mechanic told me to come back in a couple of days but I was wondering is this something I could fix myself. It's kind of funny because when you turn the exterior lights off, the radio lights up, but the instrument panel lights never come on regardless of whether or not the exterior lights are on. Could there be a short somewhere? Or is it a bad fuse or two? The mechanic checked the fuse boxes and moved some around but to no avail. He also ran a diagnostic test for some reason and that's when he told me I needed some part and he had to order it. What's going on?

replace the dimmer switch aka headlight switch and you should be fine.

FWIW: if you needit, I have a spare 95-97 Cutty dimmer/headlight/foglight switch.....

I could use one of those. If he doesn't want it, I'd be interested.

Or if he does want it, I'll buy his broken one.

it sounds like the dealer is taking care of his problem so if you want it, just PM me your address and I will send it out to you shortly....

it sounds like the dealer is taking care of his problem so if you want it, just PM me your address and I will send it out to you shortly....

Yea, the dealership is taking care of my problem. Thanks guys. I'll have pictures up later.