That elusive firewall gromet

EuroSedan93

i assume thats the one close to the steering wheel. yeah its good! for future reference, don't run more than at least 2 more wires through it(18gauge) and DONT USE A COAT HANGER!!! :lol: see what happened when i used one!(that gromet was crowded by a 4g and other wires)

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19550&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

When I installed fog lights on my chrysler, I had no good spots to run the wire through the firewall, so i had to make one, except I didn't have a drill, so i grabbed a screwdriver and found a rusty spot on the fire wall and was able to poke right through it... perfecto! Also, I didn't put in a gromet to protect it... I think i must have burnt out the fuse 3 or 4 times before it wouldn't work at all anymore, I'm a mechanical GENIUS!!!

i assume thats the one close to the steering wheel. yeah its good! for future reference, don't run more than at least 2 more wires through it(18gauge) and DONT USE A COAT HANGER!!! :lol: see what happened when i used one!(that gromet was crowded by a 4g and other wires)

Strange, on my car the grommet is something like 1-1/2" in diameter and a ton of wires fit through it with no problem. I just took a pocket knife and slit an "X" in it and pushed all my wires through, no problem. I even stuck my finger through and there were no sharp edges to hurt the wires. I don't know what I did different?

Strange, on my car the grommet is something like 1-1/2" in diameter and a ton of wires fit through it with no problem. I just took a pocket knife and slit an "X" in it and pushed all my wires through, no problem. I even stuck my finger through and there were no sharp edges to hurt the wires. I don't know what I did different?

Thats the same thing im going to do when I get my system in December.

i just ripped that little thing out. it was not held in tight enough for me to slide wire through it without it popping out itself. and no i do not get water inside of my car unless im 4 wheeling through some major mudholes (which does NOT happen anymore!)