Bosch Platinum

HokemBokem

NAPA also carries AC Delco's...i got the platinum plugs that came in my car stock...they were like $7 each...and that was AT COST!!...so i dunno how much they retail for... :roll:

NAPA also carries AC Delco's...i got the platinum plugs that came in my car stock...they were like $7 each...and that was AT COST!!...so i dunno how much they retail for... :roll:

Thats what we sell them retail for.

Thats what we sell them retail for.

:lol: ...well our local NAPA store must be waayyyy overpriced...cause i'm thinkin they retailed there for @ least 9 each...

Flame if you will, buit Ive found the combination that actually works w/ Platinum 4s..

Bosch Platinum 4s

A higher quality set of 8.5mm Wires.. Nothing smaller, or it runs like ass..

Had mine in for ~15k and it runs fast, gas mileage shot through the roof..

I ran Platinum 4s in my 2.5 6000 as well.. Had the plugs, and 8.5 MM wires.. It breathed some much needed life into my old 6000 again..

This is my 2 cents and my general experience w/ Bosch Platinum 4s.. Good luck!

Flame if you will, buit Ive found the combination that actually works w/ Platinum 4s..

Bosch Platinum 4s

A higher quality set of 8.5mm Wires.. Nothing smaller, or it runs like ass..

This is my 2 cents and my general experience w/ Bosch Platinum 4s.. Good luck!

I'm set up pretty much the same way and my car runs great with 'em in there, and I've had the plugs in there since about 75k and it's now up to 111k and it still runs like the day I changed 'em. But hey, maybe I'm just lucky or something...I'd rather not ask...lol

Had mine in for ~15k and it runs fast, gas mileage shot through the roof..

Your just now getting to the point where those plugs like to crap out. It only took me about six months of driving (around 19k miles) for mine to go bad in most cases. I think the shortest interval was around 12k, and the longest (in the 3800) was about 30k. Some people may be okay with getting 15-20k out of spark plugs, I however am not. As stated I do a lot of driving and I don't want to spend anymore time removing intakes and playing games with my spark plugs than I have to. Rapid fires work great and I know they'll last a year or two. To me its worth the investment.\

The size of your wires shouldn't have anything to do with how long your plugs last either. Larger than stock wire sets simply add more electrical resistance which in turn decreases the voltage at the plug (not that it matters much when your talking about such high potentials). The only real benefit to larger wires is the added shielding and lifespan of the product unless a H/O ignition system is installed as well.

The size of your wires shouldn't have anything to do with how long your plugs last either. Larger than stock wire sets simply add more electrical resistance which in turn decreases the voltage at the plug (not that it matters much when your talking about such high potentials). The only real benefit to larger wires is the added shielding and lifespan of the product unless a H/O ignition system is installed as well.

Hey, dont ask me, lol.. But this is the comnbo I've found successful.. I thought the plugs were bad in the 6k after about 15k on the Platinums, but I decided to try new wires first, and all they had left were 8.5mm wires. I got em on, and holy hell.. Like I said, I dont know why the hell it worked, but my god.. My Lumina is running strong, and quick as all hell.. My 6000 will again, as I have a challenge to meet, lol..

Bosch Platinum are no good.

Like everyone has said, they'll be good for a few thousand miles, maybe 15k or so. They may even last longer without you knowing that they're going bad.

But pull them and take a look. 3 of them will be just fine. The other 3 will have tiny dark pinholes where the platinum electrode used to be. Depending on how many miles they have on them, you can actually drop the tip of a needle into them. On mine, the center electrode erosion effectively doubled the gap. Obviously, due to the way Bosch cuts the platinum center electrode flush with the ceramic insulator, there's no way to regap and reuse them.

Like others have said, this is due to the waste-spark ignition. Waste spark ignition fires 3 plugs with normal polarity, the other 3 plugs fire with a reverse polarity. That reverse polarity eats the platinum center electrode like candy. Bosch plugs are fine and great in a distributor or coil-on-plug ignition system, but I wouldn't use them on a waste spark ignition unless you like replacing them often (or at least replacing 3 of them often!).