Bosch Platinum

HokemBokem

Have you guys ever tried the bosch platinum spark plugs?

http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/SparkPlugs/Platinum/

I just picked 6 of them up yesterday at checker for only 13 bucks! They said that if you dont feel a difference that Bosch will pay for the plugs. Also when you gap the plugs should the gapper be able to pass through without touching or squeeze in tight when at the right setting?

When gapped right, there should be a slight drag on the gapper.

:withstupid: ...but, i HIGHLY doubt that changing to these plugs is gonna make a noticeable difference unless you're plugs are totally SHOT!!...i mean, i dunno about you're car...but mine had PLATINUM AC DELCO's in it from the factory, so i don't think you're really upgrading much...just mY oPinIoN...BUT...let us know if you FEEL the difference :wink:

I'd return 'em right now before you even waste the time installing them. Bosch plugs run like shit in these cars. I've tried them in two 3100's and a 3800.. worst thing I'd ever done. Stick with ACDelco.

I'd return 'em right now before you even waste the time installing them. Bosch plugs run like shit in these cars. I've tried them in two 3100's and a 3800.. worst thing I'd ever done. Stick with ACDelco.

The guy at checker said these were the closest to AC Delco's they had. Can anyone else verify that they will run like shit? Im only changing them btw because my car has 92,000 miles on it and has never had a spark plug change.

do NOT put the bosch plugs into your motor, period. lower MPG, lower performance, and much higher chance of fouling. if they dont have delcos, go with either champions or splitfires. ill say it again, DO NOT put bosch into ANY GM vehical.

ya they should take em back, goto another parts store and find either delcos are delco rapidfires. While ya spending the $ (saving a bunch returning the junker plugs) spend $35 on the delco O2 sensor.

The guy at checker said these were the closest to AC Delco's they had. Can anyone else verify that they will run like shit? Im only changing them btw because my car has 92,000 miles on it and has never had a spark plug change.

I work at Checker, man.. I'd NEVER recommend Bosch plugs for almost any GM product. Sheee.. I'd run an Autolite over the Bosch. ACDelco would be the only way I'd go.

Champions and Autolites (platinum) actually perform fairly well on a GM Waste-Spark system. I put a set of NGK's in the Lumina recently, and I'm not that impressed (I'm switching back to Rapidfires soon...)

Bosch Platinums (especially the +2's and +4's) supposedly burn out the coil packs because they cause them to overheat. I can't verify that, but there are tons of people that tell you to stear clear of them. Just stick to AC Delco plugs to be on the safe side...

I'm using Autolite Double Platinums and they work really well. Or its the fact that I changed the intake at the sametime as the plugs cause it gave me alittle boost in performance.

Return the Bosh plugs. I've tried them multiple times, in a 3800 Series I, an Supercharged 3800 Series II, and my 3.4 DOHC and every time they've fouled out around 20k miles. Usually they get so bad its to the point where the car will barely run right. In fact my 3.4 was only running on 3 cylinders due to bad BOSCH plugs, which caused my cat to die because of fuel poisoning. Its not the fact that the plugs are total crap, because they aren't. GM just happens to use a waste spark ignition system which these plugs just aren't designed to deal with. My advice to you is to take those plugs back and find the Rapid Fire #8 AC Delco plugs. They won't cost anymore and they work great.

I bosch plugs in my old cutlass, they burnt up quick. Put some autolight double platnium in there and they never gave me trouble. I would probaly just go get some ac delco plugs.

I just got back from returning them and the Oil Treatment. Do you guys know if AutoZone or Napa carries AcDelco becasue the only stores around me are Checker Autozone and Napa. Also how much do AcDelco's cost a piece?