Daytime Running Light Relay/Twilight Sentinel Relay

pitzel

Hi. On a 1992 Cutlass Supreme with the Twilight Sentinel/DRL option (installed on all Canadian cars), what relay physically controls the functionality of this system?

Are there any kind souls out there with the 1992 Cutlass Supreme manual who would be able to look this up for me?

The issue I am having is that my headlights are permanently 'on', completely independant of my headlight switch irregardless of whether its bright and sunny out, or dark at night, *unless* I start the car with the e-brake activated. At this point, I am suspecting either a faulty photosensor connection (will be taking the dash apart soon), or a faulty DRL relay, but I need somewhere to start insofar as the overall wiring is concerned.

Thanks, I would appreciate any advice anyone could offer.

I would say it's the photosensor on the dash. I would try that first but I all have to do is pop the speaker cover out, not sure if the cutty is the same. My manual says nothing about the location of the DRL Cont. Mod. but I'm pretty sure it's under the dash close to the column. It should have about a dozen wires going into it and I believe it's a square plastic box about 6"x4"x1" but I'm pretty much guessing.LOL

Hope this is of some help.

Start by making sure your photosensor is clean and that the daylight get to it, its on top by the left front speaker. If the dash pad was removed at one time the photosensor may not have been reconnected to the dash pad, and it s lying under the dash pad in the dark making your headlight come on automaticly. Or it could be defective.