94 Regal Surgery

ritchierich1

Well. I finally talked myself into paying and getting my transmission fixed in my 94 Regal. I took it in on tuesday and am looking at it to be gone until at least next wednesday or thursday so far. I am starting a new job an hour away and I need RELIABLE transportation. Since nobody was really biting on the car I just decided to keep it. I already had over $6,000 invested, what the hell is another $1700 for a rebulit trans. I went out today and spent $100 more dollars and bought AC Delco plugs, and wires. fuel filter, and valve cover gasket for mine which was leaking very nicely. Now all I need is to find out why my ABS light is on than I will be happy.

LOL, i'm almost positive that he wouldn't have sold it for that much. think about all the money that we blow on our cars and we won't get near that much when and if we goto sell them.

... I've always had the theory that it's not how much you spend on your car, it's how much you love your car that you're willing to spend anything on it.

Technically it's an inanimate object, but it plays a LOT of roles on our lives, mostly it gets us to where we need to be. I've got a $600 Z-34 that I'm willin' to spend lots of money on - not because I'm crazy or stupid or anything like that, but because I truly enjoy this car. I had an 88 Regal that I also loved a lot, and a 91 Z-34 before that - Personally I like the W-bodies a lot, they're comfortable, reliable (when fixed up), fun cars.

Sorry to hear 'bout the trans problem tho, $1700 is about right if you have to replace some of the "hard" parts.

--Dave.

Guest TurboSedan
I've got a $600 Z-34 that I'm willin' to spend lots of money on - not because I'm crazy or stupid or anything like that, but because I truly enjoy this car. I had an 88 Regal that I also loved a lot, and a 91 Z-34 before that - Personally I like the W-bodies a lot, they're comfortable, reliable (when fixed up), fun cars.

you sold your red Z and bought another one? i thought you just had the two Stang's now.

I got screwed on the deal to sell my Z so I've still got 'er, plus I got the two stangs.

.. back on topic (ish)

I hope I don't ever have to replace the trans in my Z - I'm way over budget for what I wanted to do with my cars this year.

--Dave.

I've had a lot of cars. I am just tired of getting a car and then getting rid of it and losing all kinds of money. At least when I get it back I know what I got in it. I have pics, just click on my www link.

t's how much you love your car that you're willing to spend anything on it.

thats so true, tonight my friend ryan and i FINALLY set the diplomat back on its wheels after being up on jackstands for well over a year now. it was a very rewarding feeling. not sure what the cars value is now but 2 years ago it blue booked at $700 or so with 165,xxx on it, now its got 174,xxx and probably about $1000 or more tied up in it just in the past few months.

Well. I got my 94 back yesterday. $1683 was the total. They said the torque converter was fried and just about everything else was eaten away. I tell you one thing, I am happy to see her back. Now I can go another 91000 until this trans gets blows up. :rocking: