well the Lumina broke...(Updated w/pics)

maybe2fast

on my way home, felt like I hit something, got out, everything was fine...

turns out the drivers side strut assembly snapped. melted my tire because of rubbing...shit

I need to know my morning if the springs on a 92 Euro 3.4 are any different from my 90 Euro 3.1?

The Euro3.4 has FE3, but isn't that just swaybar difference?

Thankz guyz and wish me luck!

it wont hurt to put the drivers side assembly on for now and do the other when you can. i had FE3 assemblies from a gutlass 3.4 - threw the drivers side in my sister's base FE1 lumina, car was just fine, put 15k on it and never bothered doing the other side.

like others have said, take both front springs so you have an even springrate in the front end. Also, if you can pull the monoleaf from the rear, you'll want to do that to.

it's probably also about time for new struts in the front at least - maybe rears too just to keep the whole car balanced.

you'll need an alignment after you replace all that stuff.

--Dave.

I had a simular thing happen last year the d-side front spring plate on my cutty rusted out, the whole thing fell right on the tire. Luckily I was only going 15mph. Where exactly did yours break?