1990 Lumina no heat or vents

White93z34

alright recently, i replaced a serp belt tensioner on a friends 1990 base lumina with the iron duke by the time i got finished it was dark out and cold so for the test drive it let it run for about 10 minutes while i cleaned up the tools and such, i got in figguring it was warmed up enough to get a little heat well i press "vent" nothing, not a bit of air comes out, i feel down by the floors and cold air is blowing :? same with defroster vent

it seems to be stuck on cold and on blend, the only thing i really can adjust is fan speed. any ideas?

lol, that's a good one...i got no ideas about the climate control, but can you snap some shots of that iron duke? i've never seen pics of it before, just heard about it.

As I remember, the cold/heat selector is maintained by a vacuum. The same vacuum that control the cruise control. Check the vacuum hoses routing from the cold/heat selector to the cruise control and out to the cruise control servo (near the brake master cylinder).

Isn't the Lumina's HVAC control unit (90-94) an electronic push-button type? At least I thought it was. Remove the unit and crack it open. Find the large IC chip (it kinda looks like a spider) and re-solder the pins on the bottom side. Actually, remove the old solder from the joints on the IC first, and then apply some new solder...