Anyone seen this web site 1998 Grand Prix GTP pulling 11's

Intlcutlass

Actually it's in the 10's now.

We made nine passes at the Pontiac Nationals including new bests of 10.674 @ 129.34 mph (1.672 60') and a 1.644 60' time on a subsequent run - both with 19.5 psi of boost.

makes me sick! wonder what the stock internals of the l67 would hold up too??

if the L36 can handle pumping out 260 HP at the wheels with a turbo shot and with nothing upgraded on it then ...

Darth a fiero owner has a Series II (l67) cracking low 12's with a Grand National Turbo... I think everything is pretty much stock on that motor ...

Actually it's in the 10's now.

We made nine passes at the Pontiac Nationals including new bests of 10.674 @ 129.34 mph (1.672 60') and a 1.644 60' time on a subsequent run - both with 19.5 psi of boost.

Isn't it's quickest pass like 10.1xx NOW?

Guest TurboSedan
GN's only came with T3 Super 60s..........which really is a tiny turbo for a 3.8L motor.

that does sound small for a 3.8L V6. i'm planning on .63 A/R S60 T3 on my 2.2L!

I'm not sure if he's faster than a 10.3x. I seen that video and I think its on my hard drive somewhere. I would assume that its still a FWD car, correct? Amazing

It HAS ran a 10.1.

"'98 Grand Prix GTP - 10.195 @ 137.75 mph (1.569 60')"

It's still FWD.

I've seen that before, which only drove me more towards my ultimate goal: the fastest grand prix evarrrr!

But that requires money, which I don't have.. wonder if it's possible to get sponsors..lol prolly not on a GM..

But that car is sweet...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, no shit. 10's are pretty impresive, but the 11's like was originally posted is really not that impressive. My dads GTP with the stock blower, and stock internals besides rocker arms/pushrods/valvesprings runs 12.0's. Put a mild cam & P&P'ed heads on it and it would be mid 11's on the stock blower easily. Then a different power adder and it would see 10's with decent tuning with a very streetable FWD V6.

Shawn

Yeah, no shit. 10's are pretty impresive, but the 11's like was originally posted is really not that impressive. My dads GTP with the stock blower, and stock internals besides rocker arms/pushrods/valvesprings runs 12.0's. Put a mild cam & P&P'ed heads on it and it would be mid 11's on the stock blower easily. Then a different power adder and it would see 10's with decent tuning with a very streetable FWD V6.

Shawn

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

what else is done to that GTP to get into 12s?? it takes a fuck-lot more then that

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

what else is done to that GTP to get into 12s?? it takes a fuck-lot more then that

You're right, but nothign on the inside of the engine. Everything is bolt ons. This is basically what it has:

Thrasher CAI

ZZP Modular Pulley System w/2.7, 2.6, 2.55, & 2.45" Pullies

8 Rib Supercharger Belt Conversion

ZZP Stage 2 TB

ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler

Ceramic & Titanium Coated TOG Headers

3" Downpipe/No cat

Borla Exhaust

ZZP 1.91:1 Rocker Arms (non-roller)

85lb. Valvesprings

Intense OR Pushrods

3.29:1 Gears

3000 Stall Torque Convertor

Intense LSD

Thrasher Shift Kit

ZZP Electric Water Pump

160 T-stat

Autolite 103 Plugs

MSD Wires

ZZP Mini-AFC (air-fuel ratio tuning tool)

ZZP Happy Knob (adjustable timing control)

DHP Custom PCM

And a few other little things that I can't remember off the top of my head. The point is, the inside of the engine hasn't been touched on this car, and its running the stock blower. They have completely different pistons, rods, heads, cams, and power adders. So you put a different cam & P&P'ed heads on it, along with a different power adder and even with a mild cam and a realistic sized blower/turbo and high 10's wouldn't be too tough in a car that you could drive everyday. The Intese turbo car has never impressed me because of this. I mean, it rediculous, it has a wheelie bar!

Shawn

ok thats better :)

I never said it didn't have other mods. I said it had the stock blower and stock internals besides the 3 internals I listed (which aren't really internals IMO because they are accessed by removing on the valve covers). I just thought it was funny that someone thought 11's was impressive, when it is pretty common for them to run 11's.

Shawn

its not "common" for them to run 11's. hell, its not common for them to run 12s

it takes lots of work and dedication to get that low, but it is very possible. The list for 11sec and 12 sec GTPs is huge, but i wouldnt say common just for the fact that it does take time and money