Oil Treatment

HokemBokem

oiltreatment.jpg

You guys ever try it? It says it helps prevent horespower loss, maintains a clean engine and makes everything run smoother than just normal oil. My friend said he put it in in his last oil change and could tell a big differance so I picked up a bottle.

My friend said he put it in in his last oil change and could tell a big differance so I picked up a bottle.

:lol:

Its probably good for the engine (I would hope so) but I highly doubt any noticable difference. If he noticed a difference, it's probably from changing his oil! I just change mine before 3000 and its all good.

i use this stuff myself

63910001.jpg

Works great.

yea i saw that stuff today. This Valvoline says its better than all the other oil treatments so I dont know it cant hurt. Oh and also since this is almost a quart of fluid do you think I should put in a little less oil than i normally do my next oil change to make some room for this?

.. all those products say they are the best, and all those companies pay fines every year for false advertising.

Also, the FTC is currently suing most of those items to get them out of stores - check out http://www.ftc.gov to find out if your favoriate product is a pile if crap.

Most of the time when folks add things to their cars it's the "placebo effect" where you really think it's working so much you can "feel" the difference

--Dave.

it'll quiet a rod knock so you won't hear it until the knock eventually takes out a rod, or spins a bearing and locks up your engine.

And people wonder why the lucas guys don't use their own products in their engines when they are racing...

--Dave.