GTPrix

For the Cutlass, where do u guys buy your bras (that sounds weird)? Im looking into getting one and have notices 2 different styles, the one that covers the front of the hood, and the one that covers the bumper and hood. I looked on Ebay, didn't find much. Thanx!

Drew

I like the kind that covers just the hood. But if you're gonna encounter lots of stones on a daily basis a full bra is a good idea. :lol:

I had a hood bra on my '88 and thought it looked good. Not on my 95 though, it would look weird with the miniquad lights..

Notice the sig. Thats just the half and thats all I bought.

Your best bet would probably be to go to a local Performance Shop and find one. Mine was like $25 or something...and the full bras were $40-$50. I could be all wet, so I'm not sure. I like the look of the "half" bra. I got it to prevent more stone chips AND to cover up the existing ones. Stupid black car...grr....

I've got one I want to get rid of. It would include the hood and bumper piece and its in good condition (no rips or tears). PM me if your interested.

Oh, and its for a 92' and up coupe bodystyle.

I have a GM Goodwrench branded one. I only used the hood part since my bumper needed repainting anyway, but it came with the entire front end part. The fit of the hood portion was pretty good and it still looks new even after 2yrs.

I got it on Ebay for $20 shipped.

Wonder Bra is my guess....... :lol:

same brand as your manties???

:?

Something like that...lol.

I've had my bra on the car for about 2 years and it still looks as good as the day I got it.

I got my at Pep Boys for 75$ but i wouldnt get it anymore because it scratches the hood and paint under the bra got yellow on a white paint and when i removed it you could easly tell that it had a bra because of scratches and different color

i think ill play it safe and take it off for the winter. Its weird, my car looks naked without it(haha :lol: )

what is the "proper maintenance" you have to do to your hood supreme sytle?

I would say with proper care you should keep it on during the winter. If your roads are like ours in winter we use gravel and other not so paint friendly materials on the freeways and major roads. After only 4 years of driving on the freeway here my Dad's Taurus' hood and entire front end is badly chipped and smashed up. I don't know about where you live but even if you are careful about flying rocks and such some asshole will cut in front of you and throw rocks at your front end and hood, (and windshield, the Taurus' windshiled is extremely pitted to the point where drving into the sun is hard to see, however surprisingly not cracking) I would say you should probably take the bra off on a regular basis and clean behind and if you can put some type of wax or something similar to protect the paint from salt and other road grime trapped behind the bra inbetween the time you take it off and clean behind it.

I'm thinking of getting just the hood part for my Lumina, and I know many automotive stores have them here, and probably in your area also.

- Jeff L.

When I say proper maintence, I just mean making sure that the underside of the bra gets cleaned, keeping the lower part of the hood very cleaned and waxed before the bra goes on. When I was working at the dealership over the summer, I saw many cars that people just put the bra on, never took it off, and never waxed and it made one hell of a mess. The wax and keeping it clean will help protect the clear coat in the end...well unless you really want to buff the shit out of that area of the car everytime you go to wax.

So..yeah...keep it clean...lol

I would say with proper care you should keep it on during the winter. If your roads are like ours in winter we use gravel and other not so paint friendly materials on the freeways and major roads. After only 4 years of driving on the freeway here my Dad's Taurus' hood and entire front end is badly chipped and smashed up. I don't know about where you live but even if you are careful about flying rocks and such some asshole will cut in front of you and throw rocks at your front end and hood, (and windshield, the Taurus' windshiled is extremely pitted to the point where drving into the sun is hard to see, however surprisingly not cracking) I would say you should probably take the bra off on a regular basis and clean behind and if you can put some type of wax or something similar to protect the paint from salt and other road grime trapped behind the bra inbetween the time you take it off and clean behind it.

I'm thinking of getting just the hood part for my Lumina, and I know many automotive stores have them here, and probably in your area also.

- Jeff L.

now THAT is a nice Lumina!

- Jeff L.

now THAT is a nice Lumina!

:think: what? mines not nice? :( :wink:

Well i made it through last winter with no chips in the hood or windshield. Just right after winter, before i got the bra, i got a few chips in the hood, and one small one on the windshield. I think ill just leave it off.

Just something about the coupes. No door black door handles in the middle of the doors (they never body colored the sedan ones??) the roofline is tons better and it has a NICE ass end. LOL

as long as you wax the bra good, it should be all right to use it in the winter months. I used to use boot protector or sadle soap on mine to keep them from cracking and what not.

as long as you wax the bra good, it should be all right to use it in the winter months. I used to use boot protector or sadle soap on mine to keep them from cracking and what not.

All i've got to say to that is use armorall on it! Most every one of the cars my family owns has a car bra. My old isuzu trooper had only one bra in the over 13 years we had it. All we did was took good care of it, and used armor all. That bra went through New Mexico winters, and winters here on the east coast too with no problems. Unfortunately, I wish I could say the same for mine. I've had to resew the seams a few times on my car bra...or wait my mom did it :lol: Just use something like armor all on the bra and it'll hold up fine. You definately need to wax the area the bra covers more. I do that as well.