Delco Error 23

supreme_style21

Error 23.. which is this one? Hopefully it isn't the death code.

I finally got a stock CD player. A friend has had it in her trunk for over a year .. for some reason. Finally convinced her to sell it to me.. gave her 40 bucks for it. Its out of a 95.. has the equalizer and all the fun stuff. But it throws me this code. It will not take a disc. It SOUNDS like it is trying to pull it in.. does that for maybe 5 seconds, then cycles to eject. Continues doing so until I either disconnect the plug or tip it sideways :? Even with the car's power off, it keeps doing so.

E23 Communication Error: There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or an inter radio communication problem, Correction: Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes

WTF .

Yep same thing with my stock cd player. I was happy that my Buick had a cd player then the first day I own the car I go to put a cd in and it was code 23. It would make some wierd sounds and never accept the cd. I fixed that problem by buyin an aftermarket deck.

haha. Such irony. I've tried to get this SOB from her for over a year. Finally did it and it doesn't work.
:lol: shit always works out like that. Even if it did work it would only be a matter of time before code 23. GM's stock cd players suck. I would just go get a 90-100 dollar aftermarket deck.

haha. Such irony. I've tried to get this SOB from her for over a year. Finally did it and it doesn't work.
:lol: shit always works out like that. Even if it did work it would only be a matter of time before code 23. GM's stock cd players suck. I would just go get a 90-100 dollar aftermarket deck.

I have a $500 deck. I hate it.

I'm gonna go try plugging it back in and see if it can 'communicate' yet :roll:

I have a $500 deck. I hate it.

I'm gonna go try plugging it back in and see if it can 'communicate' yet :roll:

Really! Damn what deck is that?? I got a 120 dollar Aiwa deck and it works great.

buickdeck.jpg

This has to be fixable.. its not the laser.

It is cycling the cd player even with the car off.. keys out of the ignition.. the whole works.

hokem- the deck I had/have is a Pioneer. It was frickin 500 bucks when I bought it a few years ago.. basically worthless today. I like it, don't get me wrong.. its just tempermental and I'd rather have the stock deck/look as well as use of my steering wheel radio controls.

If you remove the front faceplate and get me a picture of the inside, I may be able to help you. The faceplate snaps off the front of the chassis as a whole piece.

I've got a Cd player from a 97 GT here that was flood damaged. Oddly enough, when it dried out, the radio had issues, but it played CD's perfectly. So If I can see a picture of how your CD mechanism connects to the board inside, then I can compare it with the one I have. If it matches, I'll sell it to you for cheap.

Delco changed the Pontiac CD players (internally) a bit over the years. I was going to try this same swap with a CD Player from a 99 GTP, but it had a completely different type of connection inside.

There was a company, krutchfield I think, that used to put high componets into stock radios to give the illusion that the stock was there still, yet perform like a high end radio. they could even add rca outputs and cd changer controls.

I got it to take a cd.. but thats about all it'll do. There was something bent, for some reason, inside the deck. Now it takes the CD in and if I'm LUCKY, it'll play.. 9/10 times it will not play.. it just keeps cycling it in and out.

This bastard gets HOT HOT when it's running! I couldn't hold onto it when I took it out tonight.

Here are the pics Luke..

100_1450.JPG

100_1451.JPG

100_1453.JPG

100_1454.JPG

100_1459.JPG

Now that you may or may not still have it apart, have you tired to give it a decent cleaning on the inside? Even make sure that there isn't dirt or any kind of crap in the CD player...just a thought I guess.

Guest BeausoleilRacing
I would just toss it and get a DIN and a half deck. I think those look really nice in the dash, and it's not so obviously aftermarket as the single DIN decks.

Toss it in my direction... 8)

I would just toss it and get a DIN and a half deck. I think those look really nice in the dash, and it's not so obviously aftermarket as the single DIN decks.

I HAVE an aftermarket deck. I want a stock deck. I hate aftermarket.

I didn't buy it just to toss it into the trash so soon. I'm not a fan of wasting money. If I can get it to work, I'd be quite happy. Otherwise it goes to eBay.

I HAVE an aftermarket deck. I want a stock deck. I hate aftermarket.

I didn't buy it just to toss it into the trash so soon. I'm not a fan of wasting money. If I can get it to work, I'd be quite happy. Otherwise it goes to eBay.

i dont know how much a stock non working cd player will go for.

Write down that part number on the tag: 16212235 REV. B

Email Michael at http://www.mrnelectronics.com mnrmichael@ameritech.net Ask him how much a replacement CD mechanism would cost, and give him that part number. Hell, send the picture too.

I haven't bought anything from them since I did my Lumina's cd mechanism a few years back, so I'm not sure they will sell them anymore. BUT it's worth a try. I spent $110 on my Lumina's CD mechanism, so expect something around that price, unless it's gone up some.

Write down that part number on the tag: 16212235 REV. B

Email Michael at http://www.mrnelectronics.com mnrmichael@ameritech.net Ask him how much a replacement CD mechanism would cost, and give him that part number. Hell, send the picture too.

I haven't bought anything from them since I did my Lumina's cd mechanism a few years back, so I'm not sure they will sell them anymore. BUT it's worth a try. I spent $110 on my Lumina's CD mechanism, so expect something around that price, unless it's gone up some.

Yeah its very much not worth that to me. If I can get my money back for it, I'll be content. She said she'd give me the cash back if it didn't work. I think I just might throw it on eBay with a reserve and see if I get it.