i know this is a dumb question

HokemBokem

sorry about this question but i just wanted a quick answer, if my tires say the limit is 35 psi should i fill them up to 35 or a little lower? Ive seen some wear on the sides of my brand new tires that i think could be from underinflation???? what do you guys think

Whelp, on the inside of your trunklid, or on the the inside of the doorjam or the door itself (on the sticker by the lock mechanism) there should be a listing of what GM wants you to set the tire pressure at.

Typically, I run mine to the max on the tire - but for a smoother softer more comfortable ride, set them to what GM wants.

--Dave.

Well, since the tires are all different, then you'dwant to run them at what GM wants.. Because they all prolly contain the air a little differently compared to eachother, and their Max. PSIs aree prolly different.. God.. I hate tires..

God.. I hate tires..

So you would prefer what....Flintstone style rock wheels? Just kidding man, I couldn't pass that one up.

Seriously though, I'd just set all four tires to 32 psi and call it good.

Altrhough the blown struts in the back bounce a hell of a lot more like that.. lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can relate to that! My struts and mounts are gone on my Regal. It's KYB time pretty soon here!

I usually fill mine up to 40 no matter what kind of car it is. I prefer the slight bit of handling improvement over a softer ride. I wouldn't go less than 32 regardless of what the sticker says...

You can inflate to whatever you want, so long as it's AT or ABOVE manufacturer recommended pressure and BELOW tire max pressure.

Car manufacturer recommended pressure takes into account: OEM tire size/design, comfort, handling, wear, and compromises between them all.

In fact, sometimes the car manufacturer recommends a different pressure than the tire manufacturer. Firestone claimed Explorers suffered blowouts because Ford recommended lower pressure than Firestone recommended.

Anyway, it's better to err on the high side. An underinflated tire can lead to blowout which can and have caused accident, injury, and death.

40psi here on Firestone P215/75R15 tyres. On the highway, I've achieved 40mpg in this car on the 1000 mile highway trips, so I must be doing something right with respect to the tyres.

You can inflate to whatever you want, so long as it's AT or ABOVE manufacturer recommended pressure and BELOW tire max pressure.

Anyway, it's better to err on the high side. An underinflated tire can lead to blowout which can and have caused accident, injury, and death.

he's absolutely correct

this is one of the few things i know about cars

also underinflated causes your gas mileage to go down

Don't judge by how they look (unless they're obviously waaaaaay flat,) go by what your pressure gauge tells you. The gauge is always more accurate than your eyes are...

Yea im keepin them like that, i just thought it was wierd that it looked a little flat still. But my buick feels very smooth now with those new rotors pads and all new tires :D

32 to 35 is the general rule for all car tires ie P rated, 35 to 40 on light truck tires ie LT rated and under 50 psi for your bigger truck tires like AT rated tires.

Air preasure also can cause differnces in gas millage. An under inflated tire will cause worse millage than one inflated properly, but will make the ride of the vehicle softer and can be used as a quick alignment fix. It will also increase traction. Some dealers do stuff like that. Over inflated tires will make the car roll easier but it will ride rough as hell. A car with a slipping trans won't slip as bad if the tires are inflated 10 psi over what they should be because less of the area of tread touches the ground creating less friction.

You can not eyeball a tire and tell if it is inflated properly. You must use a gauge. The main reason your front tires look flat is beacuse there is more weight on them than there is on the back tires.

I hope this has answered a few questions about this subject for everyone.

32 to 35 is the general rule for all car tires ie P rated, 35 to 40 on light truck tires ie LT rated and under 50 psi for your bigger truck tires like AT rated tires.

Air preasure also can cause differnces in gas millage. An under inflated tire will cause worse millage than one inflated properly, but will make the ride of the vehicle softer and can be used as a quick alignment fix. It will also increase traction. Some dealers do stuff like that. Over inflated tires will make the car roll easier but it will ride rough as hell. A car with a slipping trans won't slip as bad if the tires are inflated 10 psi over what they should be because less of the area of tread touches the ground creating less friction.

You can not eyeball a tire and tell if it is inflated properly. You must use a gauge. The main reason your front tires look flat is beacuse there is more weight on them than there is on the back tires.

I hope this has answered a few questions about this subject for everyone.

yes it has midnight rider, its nice your still helpin even tho you dont have a W :D

yes it has midnight rider, its nice your still helpin even tho you dont have a W :D

I like to help when I can. I am a fountain of odd knowledge like that. I bet I'm probaly one of a few guys that can set a set of points with a matchbook and time a car by ear.....lol

well there all at 35 and thats there max psi but the front 2 look kinda low? They look like they need some air, or is that normal???

think about it, where's the most weight on your car? Thats why they look like they need more air. BTW I'm a 34-35 psi user.