rings

Beretta

Anything but Hastings..I had nothing but problems with Hastings. Speed Pro are great. Stock units from the dealer are great too. The speed pros can be found almost anywhere. Most engine shops can get them for you.

I've heard good things about the total-seal "gapless" rings.

with ANY molly ring you use, make sure you put them in "dry" (use wd-40 or other extremely light oil) otherwise you'll have an oil burning problem for the first few THOUSAND or more miles.

--Dave.

on the engines I've put together, if I've used heavier oil I've had burning issues and the rings didn't want to seat properly - if I used wd-40 or other lightweight oil I've had no problems.

Total Seal will sell an "installation powder" for use with installing their rings - I HIGHLY recomend using this, and following their exact procedures.

a LOT of the folks over at http://www.turboford.org seem to like the total seal rings - and they're making good power with them. The've got a LOT to offer for upgrades and how-to's when it comes to making LOTS of power, but they're a lil' more strict about people using the search function first. If you really want to make power outta the ford 2.3 check out the Volvo DOHC head upgrade.

--Dave.