HUD WIndshields

supreme_style21

Got my car back today with the HUD windshield.. it didn't have one before. Holy hell did that make a difference in the image! Compared to now, the previous image was HUGE. It is VERY clear and crisp now as well. I've never thought there was THAT much of a difference between the two pieces of glass.

One thing that is going to take some getting used to - the image looks.. crooked. It must be the glass that makes it do that somehow.. I've seen a few other GP's with the same-looking crooked image.

i need one for my 1992 CS that i installed HUD on.....

can i ask what it costs at the dealer???

:(

Surely not worth the money if it comes out of your pocket.. Retail cost was somewhere around $1500. I guess my insurance company paid almost half that price.. they've got the hookup.

the HUD windshield is around $600 - 800 CDN around here. Such a fuckin ripoff. I read on here you can just add a small patch of tint to the HUD section and it will work the same.

I been wanting to replace mine since i got the cutty. But I dont have that kinda $$ to waste on glass

Guest TurboSedan

i would like to get a HUD windshield in mine too. after driving Dan's GTP i realized how nice the HUD image looks compared to mine. mine is pretty much impossible to see during the day even if it's cloudy. also, i noticed the projected image was bigger on my windshield compared to Dan's '00 GTP. i don't know if it's just a difference in HUD or the windshield itself but his just looked much nicer besides being eaiser to see.

i might just get rid of HUD altogether. it was cool at first but now it just seems like a gimmick. i'm driving my GTS now and i don't miss it at all.

I have to have the HUD.. I drive cars w/o them and it is just plain uncomfortable.

The size of the image is definately in the windshield. Mine used to be quite large.. just shrugged it off as being old.. its frickin tiny now. I really like it.

i would like to get a HUD windshield in mine too. after driving Dan's GTP i realized how nice the HUD image looks compared to mine. mine is pretty much impossible to see during the day even if it's cloudy. also, i noticed the projected image was bigger on my windshield compared to Dan's '00 GTP. i don't know if it's just a difference in HUD or the windshield itself but his just looked much nicer besides being eaiser to see.

i might just get rid of HUD altogether. it was cool at first but now it just seems like a gimmick. i'm driving my GTS now and i don't miss it at all.

If you do get rid of it... ME ME ME!!!! 8)

My 95 is the first car I've had (or even seen in real life for that matter) with HUD. It looks cool and stuff, but I wouldn't let it be the deciding factor in buying a car, that's for sure. And if I bought a car that didn't have one, I wouldn't bother putting one in.

Guest Anonymous

Ive noticed that the HUD in my 95, which I put it, projects MUCH bigger than the facotory HUD in my 92 which has the hud windsheild. However, they both look just as crisp to me.

I actually like having the HUD bigger, its easier for me to see.

I can see my HUD image 98% of the time, even w/o the hud windshield. But the 01 GTP I drove did have a clearer image, but the 97+ GP hud's have a much smaller image than my 91 hud. and the position is lower on the 97+ GP huds.

Good to hear the windshield made a big difference.

The windshiled in my 89 TGP needed a new windshield and I replaced it without the OEM HUD glass and it looks fine. I have the original one in my other TGP and to be honest I cannot tell a difference in the way it looks.

HUD is addictive. I didn't know it was hooked until I didn't realize I never know what my fuel level, volts, or oil pressure is up to because I only use HUD exclusively. Penny says she does the same thing.

It's weird... the Cutlass digital gauges cluster looks so much more cool than the HUD, but I never look at it because I almost exclusively use the HUD. I kind of miss my digital cluster. I know it's there, I just don't pay attention to it anymore. I don't ignore it on purpose, just that I'll drive the whole 20-minutes to work or home without having to even glance at it once.

HUD is definitely very practical and I use it constantly even though the excitement from its newness has worn off.

HUD is addictive. I didn't know it was hooked until I didn't realize I never know what my fuel level, volts, or oil pressure is up to because I only use HUD exclusively. Penny says she does the same thing.

It's weird... the Cutlass digital gauges cluster looks so much more cool than the HUD, but I never look at it because I almost exclusively use the HUD. I kind of miss my digital cluster. I know it's there, I just don't pay attention to it anymore. I don't ignore it on purpose, just that I'll drive the whole 20-minutes to work or home without having to even glance at it once.

HUD is definitely very practical and I use it constantly even though the excitement from its newness has worn off.

This is making me want to finish my HUD installation even more!!!

I drove my friends car for 1 1/2 hours the other day with HUD and it left me no eagerness whatsoever to have HUD in my car. I contemplated putting it in my car but after that, not worth the money, energy, or time.

I drove my friends car for 1 1/2 hours the other day with HUD and it left me no eagerness whatsoever to have HUD in my car. I contemplated putting it in my car but after that, not worth the money, energy, or time.

I hear a lot of people say that.. I dunno... its a personal thing. Now that I'm used to it, I honestly would have a VERY hard time buying a car without one.

When I installed my HUD, I had the standard windsheild.... last year it broke, when they replaced it, they used another standard whindshield from Pilkington... it has kinda a green tint to it... it's not HUD glass, but it is SO easy to see... I love it.

I hear a lot of people say that.. I dunno... its a personal thing. Now that I'm used to it, I honestly would have a VERY hard time buying a car without one.

Me too. People who don't like or care for HUD = weirdos.

They are probably freaks who don't need toys in cars and are okay driving plain-jane Chevy's. Power windows is just "something else to break". They probably don't have color cell phones and can go to Best Buy without wanting to buy everything there. Freaks! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Wow, thats a big difference in the HUD imagine. Mine looks crsip though- Thats weird.

I can't remember the last time I looked at my gauges. i exclusivly use the HUD and the DIC. Yes, people who dont like HUD are some weird freaks of nature.