2nd Gear Start...In a Cutlass?

OldsmoBeast

Okay...so here's one I haven't seen before... Seeing as how my cutlass has the world-famous, all-powerful 4T60-E, is there a way I could wire in a simple 2nd gear start switch? It pisses me off that the parts car of all parts cars, the Grand Prix :lol: Got one of these and my car never did. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a cutlass with one...maybe becuse most Cutlass drivers aren't stupid enough to NEED a 2nd gear start switch? :lol: wow... I have to stop with the drinking on Sunday nights... I'm the only one who finds myself funny... Seriously though... how the hell would I do this?

Thanks

YK

the 2nd gear start wire is located on the computer, pin D6 on your computer, to activate it, supply a ground source (negative) to that pin, and you're starting in 2nd gear.

(that wire is also located on the bulkhead connector E4)

--Dave.

I can't wait until winter to try out 2nd gear start. It's probably a feature designed to make your transmission wear out faster. :withstupid:

I actually always forgot about using it in my 94 GP. It was something that never came to mind.

I can't wait until winter to try out 2nd gear start. It's probably a feature designed to make your transmission wear out faster. :withstupid:

I use it rarely, but once in awhile. It helps to a point.. you obviously can't mash down and expect it to work.. it makes you feel like you're driving a pile of crap when it barely moves as you're starting out.

the 2nd gear start wire is located on the computer, pin D6 on your computer, to activate it, supply a ground source (negative) to that pin, and you're starting in 2nd gear.

(that wire is also located on the bulkhead connector E4)

--Dave.

Dude, to be honest with you, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Which computer? Where? and as for grounding D6, i could figure out how to do that, but which one is D6? Would it be labeled?

Sorry, I haven't done much electrical to this car so I'm a n00b in that sense.

YK

the computer under the hood on the passanger side, under the fuse pannel.

D6 should be (when looking at the computer) on the plug furthest to the right, on the top right corner of that plug.

the door for the chip should be on the top of the unit and there should be 6 pins on the top row, and 5 pins on the bottom row.

P1010030%20copy.jpg

Hope that helps.

--Dave.

Why would you want it? Ive never used it, and i live up north. Its been completely, 100% useless to me.

To feel special? No real reason... Just would be cool to have....if I ever do figure it out I probably won't use it....I'll more than likely wire it up and then use it once or twice for shits and giggles and then find another use for the switch....Its just that I got the whole lower dash (knee?) panel with the switch in it because its very similar to my cutlass one (the color might be a little off, cutty is darker I think) but it has the switch built into it...thought it could be cool....I will probably end up painting over the part of the switch that says 'second gear start' and use it for something else, though..... Just another thing to keep me interested in my car, because apparently nobody else is :roll:

YK