ac delete

KING JOKER

i have ac on my 1992 cutlass 2 door with the 3.1 . i wanted to know how to remove this and delete the ac if it is possible. can i do it and what all can i take off .any help would be appreciated.

My roomate has a 1988 Beretta GTU (2.8L/5 speed)......the previous owner removed the A/C and simply ran a short belt from the crank to the power steering pump........htis BARELY gives enough belt to run the water pump.

GM has a idler for the non-A/C cars......my roomate has the part number for this. When he gets back, I'll post it.

you don't even have to remove the compressor if you don't want to! just put the new belt on

Thanks for the tip!!!! Now I can drive to NAPA sometime and put one on in the parking lot, and if its the wrong size get another one. :wink:

you don't even have to remove the compressor if you don't want to! just put the new belt on

Thanks for the tip!!!! Now I can drive to NAPA sometime and put one on in the parking lot, and if its the wrong size get another one. :wink:

God, I've said this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

God, I've said this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I know, but I thought I'd probalby have to take off the compressor..