H.I.D.'s in a W-Body?

terryk2003

ok...i was wondering if anyone on here has HID's in their car?!?...i am thinkin about putting them in my cutty (which could be a challenge since i have mini-quads)...i converted mine to silverstars right now, but i kinda wanna go BRIGHTER!!...i'm thinkin i could just install the HID bulbs in the mini quads the same way i did the silverstars...EXCEPT i'll still have to use the silverstars for the highbeams...anywayz, i was just wondering if anyone has done this? if so, do you have pics? advice?

thats kewl...do you get a lot of people flashing the brights at ya?...cause i've read that when you put HID's in the stock housings they don't direct the light very good and it tends to be very bright and annoying for oncoming traffic...also...HAS ANYONE ATTEMPTED THIS WITH MINI-QUADS!?...

ok...then i prolly won't notice much of a "FLASHING" difference...cause people flash the SHIT OUTTA ME for my foglights!!!...i'm thinkin that some HID's might give em something to FLASH ABOUT!!! :lol: ...i've heard that if you're gonna go with HID's to get PHILLIPS BALLASTS & BULBS...those are supposed to be the "BEST"...i dunno though... :?

If the lights are aligned properly, I could care less as to what they are. They only thing that gets to me is when people stick on all these aftermarket lighting systems and don't even frickin align them properly. Nothin' quite like being blinded by some assfuck who has their foglights shining DIRECTLY into my eyes. Its damn dangerous. HID's should be no exception.

:? hmmm...i never thought about HID's being to long for the MINI QUADS...that could piss me off...and, as for the whole bit about "PROPER AIMING"...the foglights on my car are AIMED where i can see the best, yet they are down closest to the road...PEOPLE STILL flash me...though its about 1 out of every 40-50 cars i pass... :roll: ...BUT, YES...you are right in the sense that AIMING can make a world of difference...i've been blinded by peoples yellow lookin old ass lights cause they're all JACKED out of position...

HID's are not to bright.............they just look diffrent and is more attention getting......

people look at them longer.........thus "oh those are so bright wa wa wa"

and there usually in cars that whom ever is complaining about the HID's can never afford in there lifetime.......

that may cause some bias toward them also.......

Did you seriously just spout that we who hate HID bulbs are crying because we "can't afford cars that have them standard"?? :lol2:

I hate them because they pierce my eyes every time I pass, and they are BRIGHT FUCKING PURPLE. Give me a break with this shit.

ok guys...its like this: I'M NOT TRYING TO START A HID DEBATE!!!...I WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE HAS THEM?..PROS? CONS? ECT.... so, if you don't like em...thats fine...but, you can keep you're opinions to yourselves...thanx... :roll:

ok guys...its like this: I'M NOT TRYING TO START A HID DEBATE!!!...I WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE HAS THEM?..PROS? CONS? ECT.... so, if you don't like em...thats fine...but, you can keep you're opinions to yourselves...thanx... :roll:

Fair enough.

I always thought HID's were a complete waste of money. Until I sat BEHIND them. When installed correctly, they make a world of difference. Remember you get what you pay for...

im not 100% sure that they will not fit the CS Mini Quads........but the kit im looking at will be close....

im trying to get a measurement from the manufacturer......

SWEEEET!!!...pleeze let me know what ya find out!!!...

You need crystal clear lenses to use HID's properly.

ok??... :roll: ...sealed beams are deffinatly VERY CLEAR!!!...and besides that... some of the older BMW and some of the lexus/mercedes cars dont have clear lenses, they have white ones... :wink: