GPdriver1986

I went to the wreckers today they had two cars that interested me:

1996 Buick Regal , base but has all the power options and dual climate control, its mint shape, 165k miles and its selling for 2700$ (i think it might need brakes and a tune up)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire, base, 165k miles, the body is in decent shape just needs a good detailing , underneath it has NO rust and the engine isn't leaking anything, and its seliing for $1500, it needs a new windshield (100$ installed) and possbly brakes and tires.

This is all canadian money.

I went to the wreckers today they had two cars that interested me:

1996 Buick Regal , base but has all the power options and dual climate control, its mint shape, 165k miles and its selling for 2700$ (i think it might need brakes and a tune up)

1995 Pontiac Sunfire, base, 165k miles, the body is in decent shape just needs a good detailing , underneath it has NO rust and the engine isn't leaking anything, and its seliing for $1500, it needs a new windshield (100$ installed) and possbly brakes and tires.

This is all canadian money.

So in US currency, the Regal would go for $2,155.86 . I say that's a pretty good deal. I got my Regal almost a year ago for $2k with 160k on the clock. Now almost a year later it has 176k and is in need of some new struts, but I'm still very happy with it.

BTW the "base" Regal is called "Custom" :D ...

I liked the 4 DR Regal Custom but i hated the fact that it has the colmun shifter. I will probably pass both of these deals and save my money and get a newer car with less miles.

the hell with both of those cars, i'm gonna save my money and actually buy a nicer car that just needs some wax and a some armor all. I was looking at a 96 Z24 for $4500 with only 150k km (99k miles) , certified and e-tested. But I'm still looking for a good (better) deal, I guess these things just take time and for now i'm gonna be cruisin in the GP till perhaps spring.

the hell with both of those cars, i'm gonna save my money and actually buy a nicer car that just needs some wax and a some armor all. I was looking at a 96 Z24 for $4500 with only 150k km (99k miles) , certified and e-tested. But I'm still looking for a good (better) deal, I guess these things just take time and for now i'm gonna be cruisin in the GP till perhaps spring.

I hope that it's at least a W and not some J-body :roll:

Don't get me wrong they are nice but I would hope that you would be trying to upgrade from what you already have and J-Bodies are not an upgrade from a W.

I know J's aren't really an upgrade from a W. But right now i'm looking for a car which is smaller (don't need all that extra space), a little bit better on gas,etc.

Don't get me wrong a W will always be in my mind, the only w's that interest me though are Z34's, cuttys, and GTP's or SE's.And there aren't many around here at the dealers. And something 94 - newer without those stupid brakes.

Wbody or not, thats a lot of miles for that price. You can pick up something with HALF those miles for the same price. W cars seem to get to a certain mileage point to where it no longer has an effect on market value.