new airhorn

HokemBokem

My horn right now is pretty quiet and hard to hear in crazy Phoenix traffic so I was thinkin of pickin up an airhorn at Checker today for 10 bucks. I know where my horn is now and it has a little connector going into it. I was wondering if that connector would go right into the airhorn or would i have to splice those wires?

well i have four air horns, two in each front fenders. yes you will prolly have to cut the connector off or splice into them. my cutty had two horns on it. so thats how i ran them and if you need any other info just let me know!

The horns only have one wire run to them, as they're grounded through the mounting bolt. I've never run an air horn, but I'd imagine you'd have to ground the extra wire to the chassis.

Why don't you try a set of those "Highway Blaster" horns they sell. Those fuckers are loud. I put a single (high and low tone in one) Highway Blaster (cause the car only had one horn) on my old Cavalier and that sumbitch was loud as shit!!!

The horns only have one wire run to them, as they're grounded through the mounting bolt. I've never run an air horn, but I'd imagine you'd have to ground the extra wire to the chassis.

Why don't you try a set of those "Highway Blaster" horns they sell. Those fuckers are loud. I put a single (high and low tone in one) Highway Blaster (cause the car only had one horn) on my old Cavalier and that sumbitch was loud as shit!!!

:lol: ill try that

The horns only have one wire run to them, as they're grounded through the mounting bolt.

Not on my car, there are 2 wires to each horn. I imagine all w-bodys would be the same.

The horns only have one wire run to them, as they're grounded through the mounting bolt.

Not on my car, there are 2 wires to each horn. I imagine all w-bodys would be the same.

Hot damn! That's got to be a first for a GM. I gotta admit that I've never replaced a horn on a W before, but I thought they'd be the same as every other GM of the last 25 years...

airhorns are the SHIT!

I've ordered two sets of Tri-note train horns (150db rating each which is about 7 times louder then the average 130db horns at checker, or about 11 times louder then the stock horns) I've got my pair of 5 galon tanks, and a 150lb 12v compressor to charge the tanks - the horns have the solenoids already mounted.

I am going to ground the solenoids directly to the frame of the car, and I am going to run the (+) wire from the factory horns to the solenoids, one of which will be mounted in each fender (much like James's setup)

Air Horns ... don't ask

Air Tanks ... $50 (5 gallon tire filler tanks from walmart)

Compressor ... $20 (cheap tire filler type thing)

Ability to scare the shit outta the guy who cut me off ... Priceless!

--Dave

airhorns are the SHIT!

I've ordered two sets of Tri-note train horns (150db rating each which is about 7 times louder then the average 130db horns at checker, or about 11 times louder then the stock horns) I've got my pair of 5 galon tanks, and a 150lb 12v compressor to charge the tanks - the horns have the solenoids already mounted.

I am going to ground the solenoids directly to the frame of the car, and I am going to run the (+) wire from the factory horns to the solenoids, one of which will be mounted in each fender (much like James's setup)

Air Horns ... don't ask

Air Tanks ... $50 (5 gallon tire filler tanks from walmart)

Compressor ... $20 (cheap tire filler type thing)

Ability to scare the shit outta the guy who cut me off ... Priceless!

--Dave

That'll be the difference between your horn saying in a Garth Algar voice "excusss me, I'd like ta get buh nah" and "GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY ASSHOLE!!!"