Headers, Cat, Piping, Y, Mufflers ... tips oh my.

cryptnix

I was currious if some of you could hook me up with some links so I can find all the shit I need other then the stuff Midas, or "Muffler Man" would have.

What I am looking for is:

Cat, Resinator (or glass pack) to get rid of the pesky raspy sound, two flow master 40 mufflers and as far as tips go what would you suggest? I seriously want the dual exaust look. I plan on lowering my cutlass, and flaring the rear because the rear isn't very pretty to me but I do believe dual outlet tips (stainless) and the only thing showing ...

example of the rear ... thanks to miko ... gotta love stealing ideas but it really looks nice imo

440264_12_full.jpg

since i have single outlet i'll have to cut ... which i'm not frighten todo...

hit me up with some ideas ...

minus teh headers ... its just a helpy poo ;-/ to get you to look at this thread!!

Let me also mention that Miko has one of the most disgusting, revolting, nauseating pieces of shit I've ever had to look at. He's a ricer at best. People will argue with my standpoint on his car since he took the time to SWAP AN L67 IN! Holy fuck! Regardless, his car looks like an attempt to cliche every Mexican-modified Honda civic into a first-generation W-body.

1054.jpg

1056.jpg

1055.jpg

1058.jpg

I'm really digging the fake exhaust pipes coming out of the trunk, along with the GT-R badge. Gee, I didn't know Nissan started making GT-R Cutlasses! Sorry for the hijack, but this guy is a complete dumbfuck.

ok, thanks for takin my thread off topic.

The only thing I plan on doing is doing the flaring of the rear bumper to just give her more accent in the rear...

the only thing I want done to my car is a dual exaust setup similar to

470627_9_full.jpg

if I chose to go the route that the red cutlass went i'd shoot myself in the head of all honesty. I want a clean look.

So, take your assholish knockoffs somewhere else ... I am wanting todo this before I purchase the winter beater and take the Cutlass off for good until I get new rims for her her new motor.

BLAH

maybe i should do a doodle with what i have in mind and then you can tell me what it looks like that way ... how about no? i'm just currious about mild cutouts with dual output tips on the y'd off pipes ... would seriously look like ....

am i still not making any sense? if yes ... its because i'm tired of explaining what i mean ...

first...if you get exhaust...get magnaflows. flowmasters and dynomaxs wil make your car look and sound ricey. second...get something that isnt played up as big as exhuast cuz every1 has exhaust now-a-days. keep it low key and show those import tuners what a real car is.

as for that...other thing...

it wouldnt be that bad minus the dumb exhaust and THAT STUPID HOOD WING! the rice wing is ok by me cuz he does have an L67...or as i heard...so its not rice rice...it jsut looks like rice but races like a champ.

thats my 2 cents.

440264_12_full.jpg

I think it looks alright.

First I gotta say, there's a LOT of assholes on this board, you ask for help, post a pic of your car and they all put in their input of how much they think it sucks, You didn't ask what they thought, you asked for help. Sorry to see all the assholes commin' out at ya.

anyhow I personally like the sound of the Magnaflows, they have a good tune on the 660's.

slapping in a y-pipe and running the exhaust to duals out the back would look real good I think - you could always do that for the look, or do a setup like the stock duals have with the y-pipe right at the back, and having one "more restrictive" muffler on the short side, and a more free flowing one on the long side.

Hope that helps some ...

--Dave.

As for your original question, I have dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and a high flow Catco catalytic converter. The mufflers were $40 apice and the cat was $37. I have never heard somebody say it sounded "ricey" or looks ricey at all. It sounds damn good actually. Im tryin to dig up the websites for you as we speak. Ill keep you posted.

Drew

i'm sure a y tube wouldnt be too much...that would be a good look for a cutlass...looks good on my lumi...

as for the mufflers...i dunno about you pushrod buys but the chambered mufflers always sound like rice. straight threws are the way to go if you got a dohc.

maybe you pushrod guys need some more power...lmao...j/k

*no flaming please*

first...if you get exhaust...get magnaflows. flowmasters and dynomaxs wil make your car look and sound ricey. thats my 2 cents.

wtf?? my dynomax is far from ricey. You ever heard a dynomax on a 3.1/3100. far from rice my friend.

dual outlet tips would make your cutty look pretty nice. although single outlet would make it look cleaner since it would fit into the existing bumper cutout better.

god everytime i see "Miko's" cutlass i want to stab myself. that is the ugliest domestic ive ever seen.

First I gotta say, there's a LOT of assholes on this board, you ask for help, post a pic of your car and they all put in their input of how much they think it sucks, You didn't ask what they thought, you asked for help. Sorry to see all the assholes commin' out at ya.

AGREED!

1054.jpg

I seriously LOVE the front bumper and the grill where the GT-R emblem is, I would obviously leave it emblemless......anyone know where it came from or if it is totally custom.....

I seriously LOVE the front bumper and the grill where the GT-R emblem is, I would obviously leave it emblemless......anyone know where it came from or if it is totally custom.....

I think the owner made it himself or either had it done, find his cardomain page and ask him. :wink:

It honestly wouldn't look too stupid if didn't have that wing ON THE HOOD, and it didn't have mesh grilles. Mesh = rice. Really with the exception of the park bench, mesh, "diamond plated" back up lights, black fender flares, hood wing, air scoop on the FENDER, the horrible tips, and random painted interior pieces.. I'd drive it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. if it was just a plain, non-riced Cutlass with an L67 in it, it'd definitely be a car I'd want.