All I got done in a week....

MommyTaz022200

434980_116_full.jpg

A whole week and all I got done is the doors back on the car and this much on the passenger side! Damn rainy crappy weather... It's not suppose to rain tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get the rear trim piece that is covering half of my back door cut around my back door. At least that shouldn't be very hard to do if it is raining, I don't need a ton of space to do it so I can be cramped into the little space between my car and the single stall garage wall. I have got 2 weeks to get it done, I need a car that will make it to Milwaukee for the Type O Negative concert! (WITH a working heater!)

Are you doing this by yourself? I certainly applaud you!

For the most part, my boyfriend has been helping me with things like putting the doors back on and holding the trim pieces straight while I attach them to the car. He also spayed the paint stripper on my hood for me and got the paint off since it says not to use it if your pregnant. Other then that, yep, doing it by myself.

My dad said "It's turning out real nice, SON"

Yeah!!!!!! I just woke up and so far there is no rain. It's gloomy looking and quite chilly but nothing wet from the sky falling. Does anyone know how warm it needs to be to use fiberglass? And How long it needs to stay that warm for the fiberglass to dry completely? I got a very small heater that I can bring in my very small garage and heat it up a little, but I'm not sure if it is actually getting warm enough to use the fiberglass.

Best to work while its warm.. I recommend warming the garage a little.. If it means pulling one side sharply close to a wall, so be it.. Climb out the other side.. Good luck on it.. The modifications are lookin great.. Makes me wish I had hope mine would be done.. :?

2 weeks, i'm sure you'll get her done in that time...W's are great for road trips!

that they are! drove to michigan last in my ciera, my neck was killing me not even halfway through, took my z34 to michigan and that same 4 hour drive didn't tire me out at all.

nice work, but I would have chosen the GFX from the 94-96 GTPs.....

I would have choosen those too, but the ones I have are the only ones I have seen in a junk yard not smashed to hell in the year I've had my car at a reasonable price. To get the just the 94-96 front bumper cover I found 1 yard that had it for $195. I paid:

front bumper & door trim - $20

rear bumper, headlights, lower trim, rear quarter panel trim, & all the wiring - $50

flares - $60

So my whole body kit was cheaper then the front bumper for the 94-96.

I would have choosen those too, but the ones I have are the only ones I have seen in a junk yard not smashed to hell in the year I've had my car at a reasonable price. To get the just the 94-96 front bumper cover I found 1 yard that had it for $195. I paid:

front bumper & door trim - $20

rear bumper, headlights, lower trim, rear quarter panel trim, & all the wiring - $50

flares - $60

So my whole body kit was cheaper then the front bumper for the 94-96.

makes perfect sense now :D

I dunno... I think the kit she is going with now would look better. The coupes are a little more aeroformed.. more of a rounder, sleeker car than the sedans are, IMO. The rounder GFX might look clashing.

I know someone else put the B4U on a sedan without any door mouldings, and it looked out of place. But she's actually putting the door moulding on so it should look sweet. Excellent work, hopefully you get some sunshine to speed things up for your trip.