I need some wiring help!!!

OldsmoBeast

Dammit, I've searched and searched, and tried ClubGP and a couple of other GP sites after not finding anything here...and I'm stuck!

As some of you may know, I've got a HUD out of a 94 GTP that I want to splice into my 97 CS. Of course, there is no harness in sight for it, and I'm going to be doing some custom shit for it...but I need wiring diagrams!!! and I can't find em anywhere. Heres exactly what I have:

-94 GTP HUD, with connector and 1 foot of wiring (obv. going to extend)

-94 GTP lights swtich with HUD controls + connectors, 6" of wiring ^^

-97 CS, stock.

-Tools

-"Butt" crimp connectors.

-Electrical tape.

-Time, patience....

Well you all get the idea.... This is a relatively easy job....but I have to know what to splice into where!!! HELP!!!

Thanks,

YK

you have to sweet talk someone with a Factory manual and and scanner to get the 1994 GTP wiring diagrams

and you would need the same factory manuals for your 1997 CS.....

i installed DIC, HUD and EEC in my 1992 CS from scratch (no pre-wiring)

and the Factory Service Manuals were a MUST!!!!!!!

Cool... you're aweome, dave... ttu on MSN

YK

I got the clip from the HUD I got for my car, but then didn't need it since mine was pre-wired. It's somewhere in my garage. It's from a 91-93, not sure which one exactally, but the pre-wired clip in my car was the same as the one from the yard, so you could just say a 93. I also have the plug for the HUD dimmer switch, which my car already had. I didn't go to the yard looking for HUD but when I saw it there I decided it was mine, so I grabbed the wiring since I had no idea if I would end up needing it.

Guest TurboSedan

try to avoid using butt crimp connectors and black tape. that is a pretty flaky way of splicing any electrical connection IMO. do it the right way and use a Bernzomatic pen torch, solder, a little bit of paste flux, and heat shrink tubing. that's how i installed my HUD and my stereo and it works great. you'll never have to worry about intermitent electrical connections or shorts then.

try to avoid using butt crimp connectors and black tape. that is a pretty flaky way of splicing any electrical connection IMO. do it the right way and use a Bernzomatic pen torch, solder, a little bit of paste flux, and heat shrink tubing. that's how i installed my HUD and my stereo and it works great. you'll never have to worry about intermitent electrical connections or shorts then.

I'll keep that in mind.

So does anyone have either of those GM factory service manuals? (94 & 97)?

If you do, and can find a way to photocopy or scan them, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, on Monday I'll go over to the local GM stealership and tell them I need wiring diagrams for a school project :lol: who could say no to an innocent young highschool student trying to get a good grade in his Auto class?

YK

Try your local library. Look in the reference section for either the Jacobs or Helm (I can never remember the exact name) book (they're HUGE.) I have found any wiring diagrams I've ever needed in those books...

ya i borrowed the service manual for my car when I was fixing it up, it was the original GM one, it was like 6'' thick + i got an extra supplemental book another 4'' thick, full of updates.

Cool, I'll go there first then. Never thought to check the library!

And if that doesn't work, then its off to the dealers....and if THAT doesn't work, there's plenty more GM dealers in town....and then to the mechanics....etc... haha

Thanks guys

YK

once you get the wires figured out on your cluster harness and hud, it gets easier. gearhead told me to use the T/Y connectors to connect the hud to cluster wires, and its done me good so far. any help needed, get a hold of dave or me