exaust cutout installed with pic and videos

sonyman87

Cool! Does it leak at all? I've heard that cut-out's tend to leak.

Well, it depends on how tight you put the wingnuts back on. There is a gasket and if you just finger tighten them then im sure it would leak a little.

in the second video at the very end i rev the motor to the governer does anyone else see my speedo read like 15mph! wtf? is that normal? maybe thats the source of my speedometer glitch.

in the second video at the very end i rev the motor to the governer does anyone else see my speedo read like 15mph! wtf? is that normal? maybe thats the source of my speedometer glitch.

On my dads 2001 Sonoma when you rev it up the speedo jumps a little.

thats nice :D Could you tell a differance in the speed of the car?

i havent taken the liberty of driving it on the road yet like that. but there is a noticable difference with lowend torq being GONE..

It did however in the second clip break the tires loose befor i let off when i put it in drive. i will g-tech it sometime soon and see what kid of numbers i get with it caped and uncaped stereo and full interior installed

Absolutely identical setup to mine. I've had it on for a yr now and it does not leak. First get rid of the wingnuts and just get some 3/8 nuts and locks i believe. Its way better and seals better. Also ditch the gaskets that come with the kit. Get some fel-pro header gaskets they work a ton better. As for speed increase. I race it wideopen with the cap off and at most i have gained maybe 2-4 tenths at the most on a good day. But sounds sweet open. Especially with the FFP chip and no rev limiter.

Sounds pretty cool..

Did you ever get your transmission issues fixed? I know it was having some problems at the 2k3 gathering.

well i just avoid hamering it at 25-30mph sometimes it works sometimes it dont..

this just in 14.88 at 93.9mph! with a 6.47 0-60mph

Full tank of gas, an airfilter that has been proven to rob 3thenths of a second, system, and full interior! not to mention it is 45* out i will post another thread with the video clip

big improvement since the P&P new fenderwell intake and cutouts

that sounds really annoyingly loud.. :? even over my stereo speakers idle was just obnoxious, I can't imagine standing next to it. :? but nice work nonetheless.

nice man. i wasnt able to hear yours Sonyman87, but a friend of mine has an exhaust cutout on his 94 3.4 Firebird and it sounds like shit. so i hope yours sounds better.

i might have exagerated how loud it was at idle yes its loud probably 60dbs which its to bad. but at night when i did the run it was loud as hell probably around 70dbs easy inside the cab and it sounded pretty sexy when i was racin it. but driveing out to the highway was a little annoying