seatbelt light and headlights

Stealth

you know I just relized that theres no seatbelt light or beeping in my car when its started why is that? and how come when it gets dark all the lights come on and I cant shut them off?

Seatbelt issue: Replace the buckle lock assembly. The part that makes contact when the buckle is inderted is stuck in the "Belt on" position. When the belt is off, there are 2 contacts that tell the car to beeep, ding, moo, etc. when the belt is off.. As for the other one, I dunno..

I fixed my seatbelt light for a while by taking out the buckle and soldering some wire but it has split again. I also got the DRLs on mine and they are always on, day/night.

It would probably be easier to just swap the whole seatbelt assy.

Both my Lumina's have DRL's. On one either all the lights are on or they're off, the other only the headlights will be on during day and all at night. So not sure which one is right.

My Regal recently developed the "no seatbelt warning" problem you described, and if I press in on the release button, it goes back to normal. I kinda like not having the chime go off when I first start the car :D ...

Sounds to me like your "Ambient Light Sensor" is screwed. That's the little photo eye that mounts on the dash to sense when it's dark out (and to activate the headlights.) It obviously thinks it's dark 24/7 and is keeping the headlights on all the time...

Seat belt issue could be the connector in the wiring harness where the belt bolts to the floor. Check for corrosion, mine was severely corroded and cause all sorts of wierd things to happen with lights and chimes.

My uncle has a new ford pickup with the automatic headlights. For the longest time he couldn't figure out why his headlights were on during the daytime (full on and the guages dimmed). He was worried about electrical problems and was thinking it was a bad sign and should get rid of the truck. I finally went out to take a look at it and he had a folder full of papers on his dash covering up the light sensor.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

as far as your seat belt light/chime is concerned, it is probably just broken wires right at the buckle it self. As for your DRL, i've got a canadian car to and all GM's with DRL have a way to shut off your lights so you can control them manually. With the key on (not running) Just apply your parking brake enough to have the warning light come on, but not enough to drag the rear brakes. Then turn off the key and turn it back on. As long as the parking brake warning light is on, your DRL will always be off. Plus you can turn the lights on manually as you need them.

• 2 years later...

ok so question My 94 cutty seatbelt light has never come on since i got the car and i know the bulb is not blown, is it possible that my 94 doesnt have a light and is there a way to find out if it does because i have never seen a older gm that didnt have the light. if there is the feature can someone tell me how i may be able to troubleshoot the issue. thanks