what are these?

stockgp

finishing up my interior and went to put these back in. only problem is they don't plug into anything. is there a difference between 90 and 93 that these wouldn't work in both cars?

oh and why is it that my 90 rke receiver has one set of wires plugged into it, but i pulled one from a 95 cutty and it had two sets of wires?

boxes.jpg

looks like a flux capacitor,

if you figure it out and install it, be sure it's off when you get on the highway: "cause when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit."

lol, all my idiocy aside, i have no clue, it looks like a control box of some sort, perhaps for a DIC or HUD or something ?

looks like a flux capacitor,

if you figure it out and install it, be sure it's off when you get on the highway: "cause when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit."

lol, all my idiocy aside, i have no clue, it looks like a control box of some sort, perhaps for a DIC or HUD or something ?

i thought the dic was self-contained? oh and there are two boxes there. they are just stcked that way so i could take one pic.

the smaller box yes. near the steering column. the other one is from that general area, but i don't remember exactly where. they came off a 90 harness, and i put a 93 harness into my car.

The smaller box looks like a cruise control module.

The other box, I don't know... amp maybe? Or ABS module?

I've seen ABS modules that size, but they were all silver boxes, not black.

95 Cutlass RKE box has additional wires for domelight supervision (door open input and domelight ground output... maybe more).

Pinouts are different, don't try to plug it in.

The other box, I don't know... amp maybe? Or ABS module?

I've seen ABS modules that size, but they were all silver boxes, not black.

95 Cutlass RKE box has additional wires for domelight supervision (door open input and domelight ground output... maybe more).

Pinouts are different, don't try to plug it in.

i'm selling the cutlass rke, i ws just curious. don't have abs. i read something about a box in the kick panel that does something with the power options and, incidentally, none of mine ar working now. problem is there is no plug for either of these things on the 93 harness

• 2 weeks later...

The top box, is either a chime module or the cruise control unit. I have the exact same box sitting in my trunk out of my '89 GP. One of the two.. I just don't recall which at this time.

The top box, is either a chime module or the cruise control unit. I have the exact same box sitting in my trunk out of my '89 GP. One of the two.. I just don't recall which at this time.

ok well i don't have cruise nay more, so i don't care about that one. my chime module is under the passenger side of the dash, and it works, so that's not it. now i need to figure out what the other is. thanks

have the exact same box sitting in my trunk out of my '89 GP.

I can honestly say that the cruise does not work in that '89 GP either. Other than that I'm of no help to you as I'm on dial-up.

have the exact same box sitting in my trunk out of my '89 GP.

I can honestly say that the cruise does not work in that '89 GP either. Other than that I'm of no help to you as I'm on dial-up.

Yeah I pulled the module out to put in a friend's 93 Regal.. It wasn't the same and I think she still has it. I forgot to grab it before she left town.. that is, if its for the cruise control. I still have the chime module somewhere around here.

Whatever has 25110889 on it is worth a fortune!

haha its a module-as

gotta love GM and their breifness in descriptions

Its worth like $100

sweet. i'm going to ebay that baby :lol: . now i just need to figure out what the hell the other box is

Guest Anonymous

The larger of the two bolts up under the front of the dash right behind where the DIC is in GP's. Not exactly sure what it's for but I know that's where it goes.

The other box, I don't know... amp maybe?

I am so smart! :lol:

i forgot you even said that. :oops:

That's okay, nobody listens to me anyway. :cry: