Custom CAI

MonteCarloChick

i dunno about you but there are a few nice spots where the acual intake would fit under the engine a little lower on my car. but it'd be hard fitting the pipes through. me and psychox will probably make up some contraption for a CAI. plus..the body kit or the euro would protect it from any water pickup. if only we could fit it in there...

as for a monte...i'm sure there IS a way somehow but it may be a little hard. check out to see if any1 else has it.

w/e you do...DO NOT GUT YOUR AIRBOX! it may do the same job and blah blah blah *gets ready for the flaming* but in reality, it looks ugly. besides...a well built CIA will overpower a fenderwell or "hot air intake" or gutted airbox if you look at hp gains.

go to a muffler shop and ask the guy to bend or roll some 3inch pipe

worked for me

436966_98_full.jpg

thats not far away enough from the engine to be considered a CAI. i'm sure its better than the upclose stuff but still...if you can get it lower than the engine, it would own all because as we all know...hot air rises. go lower than the source of hot air...not hot air. i'm sure eurosportz34 knows which spot i'm thinkin of puttin mine...

ya know the little spot where our body kits bend back and it has a little spot to put fog lights? tell me...would that no own all?

ya know the little spot where our body kits bend back and it has a little spot to put fog lights? tell me...would that no own all?

As long as you dont pick up any large amount of moisture or even water. Yes.

If you do. Your looking at serious problems.

As long as you dont pick up any large amount of moisture or even water. Yes.

If you do. Your looking at serious problems.

no water...the body hit would cover it and by the time you had chance to pick up water...you'd be past the wheels anyways. its a nice spot. i'll get started on it when i get a chance.

you can relo the battery or just use a smaller size, many on MM have used smaller battieries with alot of success to get access to the fenderwell.

PVC piping is great for a custom intake and is cheap (as well as paintable). If you want ease of install and flexibility Intense sells very good intake ducting that is perfect for this appliction.

worked for me

436966_98_full.jpg

thats not far away enough from the engine to be considered a CAI. i'm sure its better than the upclose stuff but still...if you can get it lower than the engine, it would own all because as we all know...hot air rises. go lower than the source of hot air...not hot air. i'm sure eurosportz34 knows which spot i'm thinkin of puttin mine...

Hey im pretty sure that is away from the motor as much as its going to get. And its not like it is up against the hood or anything. It doesn't get much better than that.

Nick

thats a ColdZ, the guy who made them does not do it anymore but any competent exhaust shop that can press bend 3" pipe can make the exact same thing but prob much cheaper than I paid back in the day (about $150).

I dont have that intake anymore, I have a FWI pieced together from the piping of my old turbo kit.

worked for me

436966_98_full.jpg

Hey im pretty sure that is away from the motor as much as its going to get. And its not like it is up against the hood or anything. It doesn't get much better than that.

Nick

didnt need to insult you or anything man...jsut saying there is a better spot...

i'm going to put mine right inside the body kit. i was talking it over with eurosport and the spot is perfect. being you have a euro as well..you may know which spot i'm talkin about. go under your front end and look right behind the license plate frame and to the left, drivers side. see the whole in the bodykit for fog lights? i'm thinking about putting it near there...not infront of the whole but next to it. it will provide protection from water and thats about the coolest air you'll get. tell me what ya think.