3.4l dohc dyno anyone?

hosser

I know there's some on here somewhere. I recall seeing them a while back, but I couldn't even begin to tell you the name of the thread or who posted them though, and whether or not the links to the pictures still work will be another issue entirely.

damn, got a lot* of ignition noise in them dyno charts, either that or your tires are EXTREMELY out of balance ..

in about a week, I'm gonna have a good write-up on the how-to's on manually locking your torque converter, and locking 2nd and 3rd gear for dyno runs.

The problems with our cars is we'll hear a "dip" at about 90mph - that's actually the torque converter locking up - you'll notice it happens at about 5700 - 5800 rpm's on those dyno sheets where he get's his highest reading - it's a false reading because of the locking mechanism for the torque converter - I'd be willing to bet he's got a few more ponies under there that the dyno wasn't able to "sense" because of the converter being too "soft".

--Dave.

damn, got a lot* of ignition noise in them dyno charts, either that or your tires are EXTREMELY out of balance ..

in about a week, I'm gonna have a good write-up on the how-to's on manually locking your torque converter, and locking 2nd and 3rd gear for dyno runs.

The problems with our cars is we'll hear a "dip" at about 90mph - that's actually the torque converter locking up - you'll notice it happens at about 5700 - 5800 rpm's on those dyno sheets where he get's his highest reading - it's a false reading because of the locking mechanism for the torque converter - I'd be willing to bet he's got a few more ponies under there that the dyno wasn't able to "sense" because of the converter being too "soft".

--Dave.

Ill be intrested to see that, I had bunged dyno sheets as well thanks to that.

--Dave.

I dunno what caused the erratic readings.... the "dip" you are referring to can be heard in this video.

i would show you but ... life isn't treating me well ...

got a fractional T1 to my house to start hosting my web sites ... then this morning we lost power (about 50+ homes are out in my area) apparently they lost the neutral some place ...

seriously, i think my next investment is some UPS' on everything chripes ...

I woke up and all the FreeBSD, Linux driven machines were off but ... Windows machines were still running ... ok?

But the BSD, Linux machines hold almost 200 gigs each so... no videos for you! The only reason why I think the Linux machines were off is because they have more hardware in them ... :-( I just hope to god I did not lose anything.

I woke up to "unplug everything unplug everything ..." thanks to my dad screaming it. (he's an electrician...) but

:roll: (just to get that off my sholders...)

sometime towards the begining of next month, I'm gonna get my Z on the dyno for sure, I'll have some STOCK numbers for everyone, on an auto, in 3rd gear, TC locked up, from about 1500 rpm's all the way to the limiter.

--Dave.

179.3 hp and 168.7 lb-ft with an intake and exhaust.

12.5:1 a/f ratio

>175 hp from 5700 rpm to redline at 6700

150 hp at 4700 rpm

125 hp at 4000 rpm

100 hp at 3400

>150 lb-ft from 3400 rpm to 6200 rpm

>160 lb-ft from 3600 rpm to 5800 rpm

Tim