Just thinkin about my next project

maybe2fast

I was thinkin cold air is good...If I were to put an intercooler on the Lumina and hook the intake directly to it, of course put a filter on the intercooler and have a big cold air intake (an intercooled N/A 3.1) what do you guys think?

doesnt work. my friend got a new intercooler and gave me the one that he got off of an old saab and it didn't do anything for me but make it seem like i was loosing horsepower. the inetercooler was the way you wanted to set up yours. tryed it about a year ago and found the best solution to a cai is to make your own

i was thinkin the same thing with the intercooler but decided to just go with the CAI. me and psycho are going to get the mesurments and angles set and our buddy at welding skewl is going to make us some pipes. good deal..

You may gain .00000002849824823 HP, and thats about it. Plus, then we would have to call it an interfooler. Would go great with your carbon fiber hood!!! :bonk:

So I guess with that, a caron fiber hood, and maybe a short shifter for your automatic we can call it a Z31.5 :roll:

You may gain .00000002849824823 HP, and thats about it. Plus, then we would have to call it an interfooler. Would go great with your carbon fiber hood!!! :bonk:

So I guess with that, a caron fiber hood, and maybe a short shifter for your automatic we can call it a Z31.5 :roll:

at least he doesn't brag about how badass his car is....

If you really want to add an intercooler to a car, why not get a GTP and do it to that?

:smilielol:

Cuz then he'd have to call it a Z38, and he probly can't even coutn that high :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

there is a pressure drop across any intercooler, and if the intake isn't pressurized to begin with (like a NA engine) it will only restrict airflow. it probably wouldn't do anything to cool the air inlet temp below ambient underhood temperatures anyway. a turbocharged engine needs an intercooler because the air is heated as it is compressed, besides the fact that the half the turbo is part of the exhaust system and the air will pick up heat from that alone anyway.

If you really want to add an intercooler to a car, why not get a GTP and do it to that?

:smilielol:

Cuz then he'd have to call it a Z38, and he probly can't even coutn that high :lol:

ngbbs3ca151668971a.jpg

can't count that high...what the fuck did I do to you

I guess he just had to pick on someone...after all every bully in 5th grade has to pick on someone